Blockbuster.com: Talk about your SNAFUs!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rick, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I ordered "Out of the Past" from Blockbuster.com. It is a film noir
    with Robert Mitchum. What I "get" is a DVD called "Out of the Past" -
    however, it's a documentary on gay lifestyles.

    Funny, huh? I laughed, too...until what follows happened:

    I immediately seal it up, send it back, and report to BB that they
    sent the wrong movie.

    Today, I get a message in my box stating that I sent the wrong movie
    back to them. Uh....no...

    There are no boxes to check that says "no, really, you REALLY sent the
    wrong movie" . And going to Customer Service and searching for "wrong
    movie" doesn't take me anywhere.

    Is there a number to call? I'm fed up, about to ditch their service,
    but I don't want their stinkin' movie, and I don't want to get billed
    for it.

    Help, please?

    Rick, Feb 28, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I ordered "Out of the Past" from Blockbuster.com. It is a film noir
    > with Robert Mitchum. What I "get" is a DVD called "Out of the Past" -
    > however, it's a documentary on gay lifestyles.
    >
    > Funny, huh? I laughed, too...until what follows happened:
    >
    > I immediately seal it up, send it back, and report to BB that they
    > sent the wrong movie.
    >
    > Today, I get a message in my box stating that I sent the wrong movie
    > back to them. Uh....no...
    >
    > There are no boxes to check that says "no, really, you REALLY sent the
    > wrong movie" . And going to Customer Service and searching for "wrong
    > movie" doesn't take me anywhere.
    >
    > Is there a number to call? I'm fed up, about to ditch their service,
    > but I don't want their stinkin' movie, and I don't want to get billed
    > for it.
    >
    > Help, please?

    heh, SURE you ordered the wrong movie.

    Fish! - THE Aristocrat., Feb 28, 2006

  3. Rick

    Agent_C Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <> wrote:

    >Help, please?

    There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...

    A_C

    Agent_C, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Rick

    SW Guest

    Re: Blockbuster.com: Talk about your SNAFUs!

    what's even funnier-- SNAFU is an old WWII term for "Situation Normal--
    All F*cked Up". appropriate for your situation....

    SW, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Rick

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:15:55 -0500, Agent_C
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <> wrote:
    >
    >>Help, please?

    >There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...

    Not true. The OP can call BB and have them fix the screwup.

    1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M- F

    If the Level 1 gives you a hard time, talk to a supervisor.

    depends on the unreasonable man."

    Bob, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Rick

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <> wrote:

    >Is there a number to call?

    1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M-F

    I cancelled my account with one movie left to return. I mailed it back
    and a month later they debited my card for the cost of the movie.

    What happened is that when the movie was returned to their
    distribution center, my account was already inactive, so the DVD did
    not get posted properly. Later they could not find it, so the hit me
    up for it.

    After the usual hassle with Level 1 support, including a couple trips
    to the supervisor, they promised to refund my money.

    depends on the unreasonable man."

    Bob, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Rick

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Agent_C <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <> wrote:
    >
    >>Help, please?

    >There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...
    >
    >A_C

    LMAO

    GMAN, Mar 1, 2006
  8. Rick

    Encore Guest

    Dispute the charge with your Credit Card company. If they have no proof that
    you received the film the Card company will refund to you the charge. The
    card must be presented physically or proof of receipt must be presented or
    the merchant loses. I know because I rent movies in Austin, Texas.

    Encore, Mar 3, 2006
  9. Rick

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:49:48 GMT, "Encore" <>
    wrote:

    >Dispute the charge with your Credit Card company.

    I have done that before and succeeded in getting the chargebacks I
    requested. However, you must do your homework first - you have to tell
    the credit card company that you made several attempts to contact the
    vendor and resolve the issue. In the cases where I got my money back,
    the vendors refused to respond.

    >If they have no proof that
    >you received the film the Card company will refund to you the charge. The
    >card must be presented physically or proof of receipt must be presented or
    >the merchant loses. I know because I rent movies in Austin, Texas.

    This was BB online DVD rentals.

    BB did refund the money. I have a long history of returning DVDs so
    they assumed I returned the one they claim they never got. I did
    return it - I suspect it got lost because I had inactivated my account
    and their decrepit software brainfarted when it did not know what to
    do with the returned disc.

    ---

    Bob, Mar 3, 2006