Blockbuster broken movie question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rick, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Blockbuster sent me a movie. It was broken. I reported it. I told
    BB I wanted a replacement. This was a "Long Wait" movie to begin
    with. In the meantime, they are sending me a different movie. My 3
    movies are filled up (two I have and one that's coming).

    Question: Should I go ahead and put this favorite movie that's broken
    back at the top of my queue? Or are they waiting to get it back from
    me? (I mailed it today, they should get it Monday.)

    As an aside, the strange thing about this all is that it went all of a
    sudden from a Long Wait to a Short Wait to finding it in my mailbox,
    and then getting email that they were sending it. A friend at work
    who's been with them awhile says she had some glitches the past week
    also. She's had generally good service throughout, and so have I, so
    we figure it's something to do with being the first of the year.

    I know some people rant about their lousy service, but I haven't found
    that to be the case yet. I did find it odd that a movie high on my
    queue that was Available Now was getting passed up by others further
    down the list, but I did receive it today.

    OTOH, it was nice to get a never before rented "Murderball" and they
    are shipping "Broken Flowers". Overall, I'm pretty happy with BB, at
    least because my first month was free. I used to have Netflix and
    they were all right. I started running out of movies I really wanted
    to see and/or not having a lot of time I wanted to devote to watching
    some also. Hopefully, BB online will continue to do a good overall
    job once my billing starts this month, or I'll go back to Netflix.

    Rick, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Rick

    Large Farva Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Blockbuster sent me a movie. It was broken. I reported it. I told
    > BB I wanted a replacement. This was a "Long Wait" movie to begin
    > with. In the meantime, they are sending me a different movie. My 3
    > movies are filled up (two I have and one that's coming).
    >
    > Question: Should I go ahead and put this favorite movie that's broken
    > back at the top of my queue? Or are they waiting to get it back from
    > me? (I mailed it today, they should get it Monday.)

    Does not matter where you put it in your queue, BB does not pull in order of
    your queue. You'll get it whenever they decide to send it.

    Glad you like Blockbusters service, you're the only person I've ever
    encountered with a good word about Blockbuster.

    Large Farva, Jan 8, 2006

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 03:53:19 GMT, "Large Farva" <>
    wrote:

    >"Rick" <> wrote in message
    >> Blockbuster sent me a movie. It was broken. I reported it. I told
    >> BB I wanted a replacement. This was a "Long Wait" movie to begin
    >> with. In the meantime, they are sending me a different movie. My 3
    >> movies are filled up (two I have and one that's coming).
    >>
    >> Question: Should I go ahead and put this favorite movie that's broken
    >> back at the top of my queue? Or are they waiting to get it back from
    >> me? (I mailed it today, they should get it Monday.)

    >Does not matter where you put it in your queue, BB does not pull in order of
    >your queue. You'll get it whenever they decide to send it.
    >
    >Glad you like Blockbusters service, you're the only person I've ever
    >encountered with a good word about Blockbuster.

    For the record, I can't stand their B&M stores any more than the next
    person. To think my wife once paid $12 in late fees for one movie
    still bothers me when I think about it. OTOH, when service is good, I
    say give them their due. I'm sure I'm not alone.

    Rick, Jan 8, 2006