Blockbuster at $1 a Month: WORTHLESS

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JMC, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. JMC

    JMC Guest

    BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
    finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
    three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
    reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
    the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
    though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
    ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
    left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
    slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.
    JMC, Jan 5, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. JMC

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <> Gave us:

    snipped off topic CRAP.

    Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
    to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. JMC

    Alpha Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <> Gave us:
    >
    > snipped off topic CRAP.
    >
    > Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
    > to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.


    No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
    troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
    away.
    Alpha, Jan 5, 2006
    #3
  4. JMC

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 02:18:49 -0800, "Alpha" <> Gave us:

    >
    >"Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <> Gave us:
    >>
    >> snipped off topic CRAP.
    >>
    >> Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
    >> to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.

    >
    >No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
    >troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
    >away.
    >

    **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
    #4
  5. JMC

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <> wrote:

    >BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
    >finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
    >three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
    >reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
    >the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
    >though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
    >ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
    >left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
    >slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.


    I also gave poor Ol' BB a buck. Although I am not doing much better
    than you in terms of disc flow, I did manage to get 2 out of 3 discs
    on Long Wait that I could not get from NF no matter how much I bitched
    at them. I also got a couple store coupons which my wife likes to use.

    I will give NF a month or two to get its act together again. BB is
    going bye bye after this month expires.

    --

    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer.
    You take one down, and pass it around,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall.
    Bob, Jan 5, 2006
    #5
  6. JMC

    Large Farva Guest

    "JMC" <> wrote in message
    news:bL5vf.4973$M%...
    > BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
    > finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
    > three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
    > reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
    > the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
    > though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
    > ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
    > left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
    > slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.



    Same here. Queue full of available now movies and it takes them forever to
    ship them. My queue has stood empty for days waiting for it up update. Sad.
    I'm going back to Netflix.

    Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even
    though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    minute you cancel, no matter when it it.
    Large Farva, Jan 5, 2006
    #6
  7. JMC

    wunnuy Guest

    I tried them for FREE for a month and I still felt ripped off. There
    was one week where I had three open spaces for movies, eight movies in
    my queue all saying "available now" and nothing sent. A whole week. I
    asked them what was going on and they said "you need to have around 30
    movies in your queue" to which I asked what did it matter if I had 3 or
    300, if they all say "available now" I should be sent movies. When I
    quit the service I told them this again as the reason why and they
    tried to give me the 30 movies in your queue line again. I have no idea
    how this business can stay afloat. It's hard to believe there's a DVD
    mail company worse than Netflix.
    wunnuy, Jan 5, 2006
    #7
  8. JMC

    TB Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" whined:
    >>
    >>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
    >>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
    >>away.
    >>

    > **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!


    You sure snivel and bitch a lot. Is it that time of the month?
    TB, Jan 5, 2006
    #8
  9. JMC

    JMC Guest

    Large Farva wrote:

    > Same here. Queue full of available now movies and it takes them forever to
    > ship them. My queue has stood empty for days waiting for it up update. Sad.
    > I'm going back to Netflix.
    >
    > Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even
    > though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    > minute you cancel, no matter when it it.
    >
    >


    I just checked my queue, still no DVDs shipped, even though I have over
    15 "available now" titles in my queue. That makes three days wasted.
    Checked my email too, and they have received everything I sent back, the
    last arriving on Tues. Oh well, I guess I'll just go ahead and print my
    coupons and go the Blockbuster to get my two "free" rentals, at least
    they can't screw me out of those.
    JMC, Jan 6, 2006
    #9
  10. JMC

    Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:55:11 GMT, "TB" <>
    wrote:

    >"Roy L. Fuchs" whined:
    >>>
    >>>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
    >>>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
    >>>away.
    >>>

    >> **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!

    >
    >You sure snivel and bitch a lot. Is it that time of the month?
    >


    TROLL
    , Jan 6, 2006
    #10
  11. JMC

    Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:22:13 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 02:18:49 -0800, "Alpha" <> Gave us:
    >
    >>
    >>"Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <> Gave us:
    >>>
    >>> snipped off topic CRAP.
    >>>
    >>> Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
    >>> to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.

    >>
    >>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
    >>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
    >>away.
    >>

    > **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!


    TROLL
    , Jan 6, 2006
    #11
  12. JMC

    wunnuy Guest

    Large Farva wrote:
    >> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even

    > though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    > minute you cancel, no matter when it it.


    Don't get me wrong, I hate Blockbuster, but why would they or any other
    company still send you movies if you've canceled the service. If you're
    not a member, no matter if you'd paid for the month or not, they're not
    going to send you movies. You've paid for a month of movies based on
    the fact that you're a member, not based on the fact that you get those
    movies no matter what happens in the world.
    wunnuy, Jan 6, 2006
    #12
  13. JMC

    Alan Smithee Guest

    "JMC" <> wrote in message
    news:bL5vf.4973$M%...
    > BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
    > finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
    > three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
    > reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
    > the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
    > though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
    > ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
    > left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
    > slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.
    >


    You're complaining because you only have gotten a total of five DVDs (three
    through mail, plus the two in store coupons) for $1.00?!


    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee, Jan 7, 2006
    #13
  14. JMC

    Bob Guest

    On 6 Jan 2006 12:12:58 -0800, "wunnuy" <> wrote:

    >
    >Large Farva wrote:
    >>> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even

    >> though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    >> minute you cancel, no matter when it it.

    >
    >Don't get me wrong, I hate Blockbuster, but why would they or any other
    >company still send you movies if you've canceled the service. If you're
    >not a member, no matter if you'd paid for the month or not, they're not
    >going to send you movies. You've paid for a month of movies based on
    >the fact that you're a member, not based on the fact that you get those
    >movies no matter what happens in the world.


    They should let you cancel effective the last day of your paid current
    membership.


    --

    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer.
    You take one down, and pass it around,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall.
    Bob, Jan 7, 2006
    #14
  15. JMC

    JMC Guest

    Alan Smithee wrote:
    > "JMC" <> wrote in message
    > news:bL5vf.4973$M%...
    >
    >>BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
    >>finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
    >>three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
    >>reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
    >>the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
    >>though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
    >>ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
    >>left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
    >>slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.
    >>

    >
    >
    > You're complaining because you only have gotten a total of five DVDs (three
    > through mail, plus the two in store coupons) for $1.00?!
    >
    >
    > Alan Smithee
    >


    No, asshole, I'm complaining because this is how they do business even
    when you pay the entire $17.99 a month (or whatever it is).
    JMC, Jan 7, 2006
    #15
  16. JMC

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:28:59 GMT, JMC <> wrote:

    >> You're complaining because you only have gotten a total of five DVDs (three
    >> through mail, plus the two in store coupons) for $1.00?!


    >No, asshole, I'm complaining because this is how they do business even
    >when you pay the entire $17.99 a month (or whatever it is).


    The problem is both BB and NF have way too many customers.


    --

    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer.
    You take one down, and pass it around,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall.
    Bob, Jan 7, 2006
    #16
  17. JMC

    Large Farva Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Large Farva wrote:
    >>> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel.
    >>> Even

    >> though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    >> minute you cancel, no matter when it it.

    >
    > Don't get me wrong, I hate Blockbuster, but why would they or any other
    > company still send you movies if you've canceled the service.


    Because you pay for a month in ADVANCE. If you join on the 1st, pay your $18
    (for 3 out), then cancel on the 2nd they won't send you any movies other
    than the ones they hopefully sent you before you cancelled....but $18 for 3
    rentals is a ripoff.
    Large Farva, Jan 7, 2006
    #17
  18. JMC

    Large Farva Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 6 Jan 2006 12:12:58 -0800, "wunnuy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Large Farva wrote:
    >>>> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel.
    >>>> Even
    >>> though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
    >>> minute you cancel, no matter when it it.

    >>
    >>Don't get me wrong, I hate Blockbuster, but why would they or any other
    >>company still send you movies if you've canceled the service. If you're
    >>not a member, no matter if you'd paid for the month or not, they're not
    >>going to send you movies. You've paid for a month of movies based on
    >>the fact that you're a member, not based on the fact that you get those
    >>movies no matter what happens in the world.

    >
    > They should let you cancel effective the last day of your paid current
    > membership.


    Yep. BB does not do that (at least they did not do that to me). They stopped
    the movies the day I cancelled. It's okay though, I got my money back by
    re-joining and keeping everything they sent. **** em.
    Large Farva, Jan 7, 2006
    #18
  19. JMC

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:01:44 GMT, (Bob) Gave us:

    >On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:28:59 GMT, JMC <> wrote:
    >
    >>> You're complaining because you only have gotten a total of five DVDs (three
    >>> through mail, plus the two in store coupons) for $1.00?!

    >
    >>No, asshole, I'm complaining because this is how they do business even
    >>when you pay the entire $17.99 a month (or whatever it is).

    >
    >The problem is both BB and NF have way too many customers.



    Then they need a way bigger warehouse of titles.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 7, 2006
    #19
  20. JMC

    Biz Guest

    "Large Farva" <> wrote in message
    news:n0Wvf.3526$...
    >
    > "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > On 6 Jan 2006 12:12:58 -0800, "wunnuy" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>
    > >>Large Farva wrote:
    > >>>> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel.
    > >>>> Even
    > >>> though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies

    the
    > >>> minute you cancel, no matter when it it.
    > >>
    > >>Don't get me wrong, I hate Blockbuster, but why would they or any other
    > >>company still send you movies if you've canceled the service. If you're
    > >>not a member, no matter if you'd paid for the month or not, they're not
    > >>going to send you movies. You've paid for a month of movies based on
    > >>the fact that you're a member, not based on the fact that you get those
    > >>movies no matter what happens in the world.

    > >
    > > They should let you cancel effective the last day of your paid current
    > > membership.

    >
    > Yep. BB does not do that (at least they did not do that to me). They

    stopped
    > the movies the day I cancelled. It's okay though, I got my money back by
    > re-joining and keeping everything they sent. **** em.
    >
    >

    It says that your membership is terminated the day you cancel right in the
    TOS...if you didnt like the terms, you shouldnt have joined in teh 1st
    place...give it a friggin rest already...
    Biz, Jan 7, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. One-Shot Scot

    Blockbuster Online: Now $14.99 a month.

    One-Shot Scot, Dec 29, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,076
    One-Shot Scot
    Dec 29, 2004
  2. wunnuy
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    1,220
    wunnuy
    Dec 16, 2005
  3. BRight777
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    551
    BRight777
    Aug 6, 2006
  4. BRight777
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    576
    BRight777
    Aug 6, 2006
  5. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    871
    Alan Smithee
    Nov 8, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page