    I find networking extremely confusing so please understand that you will be
    dealing with a real beginner here.
    Thanks so much
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVhbiBNYXk=?=, Apr 1, 2007

  2. "Jean May" <Jean > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, is there a way of disabling other network users. I am trying to
    > control
    > usage of the internet by my two daughters. We have one computer connected
    > via a wireless connection but I would like to be able to control their
    > time
    > spent online. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.
    > I find networking extremely confusing so please understand that you will
    > be
    > dealing with a real beginner here.
    > Thanks so much

    I would look into using both limited accounts (standard accounts if your
    running Vista) for your daughters, they each get an account that is password
    protected. Also password protect your account and any admin accounts you
    have.

    Then get some parental control software (built-in to Vista by the way) to
    both control when they can log onto the computer and if they can access the
    internet or not while logged on.

    http://www.parentalsoftware.org/

    See some comments I have about this in this thread...

    Its possible your ISP has free parental control software available.

    Vista parental control help...

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/search.aspx?=&qu=parental control

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)