Block unwanted flash ADs? also broken pop up blocker

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Impmon, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    Is there a way to block unwanted flash AD? Some of them shows up but
    the web site may use javascript to hide the flash ad's origin address
    so I can't manually block it by editing host file. One example is
    www.fanfiction.net as they use ads. I could probably remove the flash
    player but then I wouldn't be able to play any online games :)
    Disabling javascript would work but it's a pain to go into the option
    to disable them, then re-enable them for other sites.

    It would be nice if future version of Firefox has block flash feature
    the same way they currently have block images.

    Also some certain web sites like
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml seems to have found a way
    around Firefox's pop up blocker. I'm wondering how that happened and
    if any guru can figure out a way to block that sneaky pop ups.

    I'm currently using Firefox 1.0.4 on XP Home with 1.5 GB RAM, 2.6GHz
    P4, and more than enough hard drive space and I've used
    Mozilla/Firefox almost since when Mozilla first came out.
    Impmon, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Impmon uitte de volgende tekst op 14/06/2005 21:23:

    http://adblock.mozdev.org/

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare
    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Impmon

    default Guest

    http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    default, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:48:38 -0400, default <>
    wrote:

    >http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    Thanks, that did the trick with unwanted flash ads.
    Impmon, Jun 15, 2005