    Any help would be appericated. If you can send me and article or manual
    explaining the process.

    Thanks for your help....Gordon

    gchan5, Jul 22, 2005

  2. gchan5

    AAA Guest

    access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT deny udp (who you do not like) (mask
    you hate) (what you 'd like to keep safe) (netmask you've got your precious
    thing) eq 514
    access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT permit ip any any

    then, an daqccess-group in the interface guilty to let the bad traff going
    through.

    So, this is for PIX. On a router, you've got to kinda revert the netmask.

    RTFM

    AA

    AAA, Jul 22, 2005

  3. gchan5

    Luc Guest

    gchan5 wrote:
    > I am responsible for a Cisco router 7200 and we need to block UDP on
    > port 514 on the ISP connection. I kind of have an idea with the access
    > list, but I am not very sure how to do this.
    >
    > Any help would be appericated. If you can send me and article or manual
    > explaining the process.
    >
    > Thanks for your help....Gordon

    more positive :

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...oducts_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml#topic1

    Regards,
    Luc

    --
    Luc

    Luc, Jul 22, 2005
  4. gchan5

    gchan5 Guest

    Luc,

    I would like to thank you, this article helped me very much!

    Gordon

    gchan5, Jul 24, 2005
  5. gchan5

    Chris Guest

    "AAA" <> wrote in message news:...
    > access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT deny udp (who you do not like)
    > (mask you hate) (what you 'd like to keep safe) (netmask you've got your
    > precious thing) eq 514
    > access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT permit ip any any
    >
    > then, an daqccess-group in the interface guilty to let the bad traff going
    > through.
    >
    > So, this is for PIX. On a router, you've got to kinda revert the netmask.
    >
    > RTFM
    >
    > AA

    That's the strangest reply I've ever seen!

    Chris, Jul 24, 2005