    I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    not by installing anti-spyware programs.

    Thanks!

    Charles, May 5, 2009

  2. IE - tools/options/advanced/enable third party browser extensions ?

    Centre Parting, May 5, 2009

  3. "Charles" <> wrote in message news:HLKLl.1890$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google,
    > or any browser toolbars?
    > Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are
    > installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can
    > avoid them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even
    > if the user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons
    > in our office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click
    > 'Next', when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator
    > rights, and I can't change that.
    > I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    > not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I think there's usually a Don't Install option that usually involves
    unchecking a box when you're asked to accept the s/w license.

    Charlie Darwin, May 5, 2009
  4. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Centre Parting" <> wrote in message
    > IE - tools/options/advanced/enable third party browser extensions ?
    >
    > Charles wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo,
    >> Google, or any browser toolbars?
    >> Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid
    >> toolbars are installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom
    >> install you can avoid them, but I am interested in a way to prevent
    >> installing them even if the user doesn't uncheck the box. I am
    >> dealing with a number of morons in our office, who don't have the
    >> common sense to look before they click 'Next', when installing an
    >> update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights, and I can't
    >> change that. I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or
    >> something like
    >> that, not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Thank you for your reply, I forgot to mention, most computers on the network
    use Win XP, and couple of them use Vista. We avoid IE, and use Firefox 3.0,
    which doesn't seem to offer this option. As far as I remember the last time
    I looked, the Google toolbar can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs,
    while the Yahoo bar doesn't show, it is installed apparently as an add-on to
    the browsers.
    However, it seems that every website now has a toolbar. I'm looking for an
    universal fix, to prevent installing any toolbar, even if the moronic user
    forgets to uncheck that option, and no matter how enticing that toolbar may
    sound to him/her.

    Thanks again!

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  5. Charles

    Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or
    >any browser toolbars?
    >Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are
    >installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can avoid
    >them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    >user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    >office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    >when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights,
    >and I can't change that.
    >I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    >not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >
    >Thanks!

    Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>
    SECPOL.MSC
    <enter>

    Find a policy that will do what you want (XP pro only)
    --

    http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools

    , May 5, 2009
  6. Charles

    VanguardLH Guest

    Charles wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or
    > any browser toolbars?
    > Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are
    > installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can avoid
    > them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    > user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    > office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    > when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights,
    > and I can't change that.
    > I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    > not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You answered your own question. Those users are allowed to be
    administrators. That means, well, that they are administrators. You
    don't get any higher privileges than they do, and that means anything
    you do to screw over (or unscrew) that they can do, too. Obviously you
    don't have the power to establish company policies and, for example, if
    the user violates them then they are not granted permission to the
    network (i.e., they get to use a standalone host and, as admins, get to
    pollute it however they want).

    VanguardLH, May 5, 2009
  7. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > In article <HLKLl.1890$>, says...
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google,
    >> or
    >> any browser toolbars?
    >> Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars
    >> are
    >> installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can
    >> avoid
    >> them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    >> user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    >> office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    >> when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator
    >> rights,
    >> and I can't change that.

    > If you can't change that it means you do not have the clout to get what
    > you want to do done. So just look at it as insured continued employment
    > durng a recession and count the days 'till retirement.

    I wasn't aiming to discuss office politics. If you really need to know the
    details, I can't tell the president of the company to login as guest, but
    I'm getting a little tired of him asking me how the damn Yahoo toolbar
    re-appeared in his browser, and asking me to remove it for him every few
    days.
    My job security is not an issue, I'm financially secure enough to retire if
    this company goes belly up, and unless that happens, they can't afford to
    fire me. I have other skills that make me indispensable. I am not actually
    an IT, and I don't get paid for it, I just do this as a favor.
    I hope this answers your concerns, thanks for your technical approach to my
    question, your input was very helpful.

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  8. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Charles wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google,
    >> or
    >> any browser toolbars?
    >> Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars
    >> are
    >> installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can
    >> avoid
    >> them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    >> user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    >> office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    >> when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator
    >> rights,
    >> and I can't change that.
    >> I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    >> not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > You answered your own question. Those users are allowed to be
    > administrators. That means, well, that they are administrators. You
    > don't get any higher privileges than they do, and that means anything
    > you do to screw over (or unscrew) that they can do, too. Obviously you
    > don't have the power to establish company policies and, for example, if
    > the user violates them then they are not granted permission to the
    > network (i.e., they get to use a standalone host and, as admins, get to
    > pollute it however they want).

    I felt that my question was pretty simple:
    'Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or
    any browser toolbars?'
    Please let me clarify that: I don't want to keep them from installing
    software, I just want to block specific software, such as browser toolbars,
    for both IE and FF. This has nothing to do with my job description.

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  9. Charles

    Charles Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Charles" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google,
    >>or
    >>any browser toolbars?
    >>Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are
    >>installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can
    >>avoid
    >>them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    >>user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    >>office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    >>when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights,
    >>and I can't change that.
    >>I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    >>not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>

    > Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>
    > SECPOL.MSC
    > <enter>
    >
    > Find a policy that will do what you want (XP pro only)
    > --
    >
    > http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools

    Your answer is very close, but I don't think I can block specific software
    (browser toolbars) from being installed, that way. Not for Firefox, anyway.
    I was hoping that someone might know of a way to prevent any software
    containing words like 'Yahoo' or 'Google', from being installed. On the
    other hand, Google is the favorite homepage, so I can't block it in their
    hosts file.
    I don't have anything against Google, but I don't see any reason for a
    Google toolbar, when your browser home page is already set to Google, same
    goes for Yahoo.

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  10. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > In article <6%SLl.2046$>, says...
    >>
    >> "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    > <snip
    >> >
    >> > If you can't change that it means you do not have the clout to get what
    >> > you want to do done. So just look at it as insured continued employment
    >> > durng a recession and count the days 'till retirement.
    >> >

    >> I wasn't aiming to discuss office politics.

    > You don't have to. I understand the situation perfectly.
    >
    >> If you really need to know the
    >> details, I can't tell the president of the company to login as guest,

    > You are aware there is another option besides guest and administrator?
    >
    >> but
    >> I'm getting a little tired of him asking me how the damn Yahoo toolbar
    >> re-appeared in his browser,

    > You do tell him don't you?
    >
    >> and asking me to remove it for him every few
    >> days.

    > If he's the boss, I guess he can waste his money any way he wants to.
    >
    >> My job security is not an issue, I'm financially secure enough to retire
    >> if
    >> this company goes belly up, and unless that happens, they can't afford to
    >> fire me.

    > Then show him why he's the one screwing up his computer.
    >
    >>I have other skills that make me indispensable. I am not actually
    >> an IT, and I don't get paid for it, I just do this as a favor.

    > Then tell him it's not in your job description and quit doing it.
    >
    >> I hope this answers your concerns, thanks for your technical approach to
    >> my
    >> question, your input was very helpful.

    > Was that sarcasm?
    >
    > You want a technical answer to a socio/political problem. There's no such
    > thing.
    >
    > <snip>

    There are tehnical answers to socio/political problems. Weapons, for
    example.
    You don't understand, you just think you do. This is not a question of
    'whodunnit', of course I repeatedly told everyone to look before they click
    'next'. They are oblivious of it, they just want to get the update over with
    asap, and don't pay attention.
    I am not the kind of guy who answers a cry for help, with: "It's not my
    job!"
    Again, this has nothing to do with my job description, the state of the
    economy, swine flu, or the conflict in the Middle East.
    If you can answer, I appreciate it, if not, I'll appreciate if you let
    someone else do it.

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  11. Charles

    M.L. Guest

    >> I felt that my question was pretty simple:
    >> 'Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or
    >> any browser toolbars?'
    >> Please let me clarify that: I don't want to keep them from installing
    >> software, I just want to block specific software, such as browser toolbars,
    >> for both IE and FF. This has nothing to do with my job description.

    Create an AutoIt script that, at bootup, checks for Yahoo and Google
    toolbar uninstallers and, if present, silently uninstalls those
    programs.

    M.L., May 5, 2009
  12. Charles

    VanguardLH Guest

    Charles wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote ...
    >>
    >> Charles wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo,
    >>> Google, or any browser toolbars? Every time you update Java,
    >>> CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are installed
    >>> automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can avoid
    >>> them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even
    >>> if the user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of
    >>> morons in our office, who don't have the common sense to look
    >>> before they click 'Next', when installing an update.
    >>> Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights, and I can't change
    >>> that. I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or
    >>> something like that, not by installing anti-spyware programs.

    >> You answered your own question. Those users are allowed to be
    >> administrators. That means, well, that they are administrators.
    >> You don't get any higher privileges than they do, and that means
    >> anything you do to screw over (or unscrew) that they can do, too.
    >> Obviously you don't have the power to establish company policies
    >> and, for example, if the user violates them then they are not
    >> granted permission to the network (i.e., they get to use a
    >> standalone host and, as admins, get to pollute it however they
    >> want).

    > I felt that my question was pretty simple: 'Does anyone know if
    > there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or any browser
    > toolbars?' Please let me clarify that: I don't want to keep them from
    > installing software, I just want to block specific software, such as
    > browser toolbars, for both IE and FF. This has nothing to do with my
    > job description.

    You are an admin. They are an admin. How are you going to stop them
    from installing anything? How are you going to prevent them from
    unblocking what you block? They're admins. They get to do everything
    you get to do.

    I suppose you could try using software restriction policies
    (gpedit.msc, Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security
    Settings -> Software Restriction Policies -> Additional Rules). If you
    don't see subnodes under this tree node, right-click and select to add
    new rules (I've already done this so I cannot see this context menu).
    However, that only prevents the executable from loading, not from it
    getting installed. I haven't tried it against ActiveX controls (.ocx)
    so I don't know if SRP blocks the load of non-directly executable
    files. According to
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782792.aspx,
    SRP applies to multiple types of files, including ActiveX controls.

    Of course, the same SRP policies that you define on the host or push to
    it on a domain are the same ones that the admin-level users can delete.
    All policies are, after all, just changes in the registry and admin
    users can edit the registry. They can even define .reg files and use a
    shortcut in their Startup group to run "regedit.exe /s <file>.reg" that
    automatically undoes your policies pushed to their host.

    You had better discuss with the managers of the groups of users that
    you intend to afflict with your SRPs. Since you obviously do not have
    authority over them nor the power to establish or enforce company
    policies regarding software installations on company property, you
    could find yourself in hot water in violating THEIR use of THEIR
    resources. You may also find that some departments consider their
    hosts to be regulated by themselves and NOT by anyone in the IT
    department. In software QA, everyone of our desktop hosts is used in
    testing and we must know the exact configuration of the host. That
    means the IT folks are *not* allowed to push any policies that we are
    unaware about and have not granted permission. Nowadays there are
    plenty of candidates waiting to take over an sysadmin's job so consider
    how you may end up jeopardizing your employment if not going through
    proper channels to make changes to the employees' hosts. It appears
    that you do not have the authority to make the changes that you
    propose. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

    VanguardLH, May 5, 2009
  13. Charles

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-05-04, Charles <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo, Google, or
    > any browser toolbars?
    > Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid toolbars are
    > installed automatically. I know, if you choose custom install you can avoid
    > them, but I am interested in a way to prevent installing them even if the
    > user doesn't uncheck the box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our
    > office, who don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    > when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have administrator rights,
    > and I can't change that.
    > I am looking for a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that,
    > not by installing anti-spyware programs.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Who makes IT policy, and who applies it? Apparently not you, so it isn't
    your problem.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 5, 2009
  14. "Charles" <> perpetrated this via

    > This has nothing to do with my job description.

    What exactly is your job description? You should always
    post your job description so someone can post an appropriate
    answer to your queries. But never post post your true job
    description. You should munge it and disguise it fairly
    well so nobody has a good idea of what exactly it is.
    Only then can the gurus formulate your solution and indeed,
    your destiny.

    HTH.

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and whilst my huge stimulus package
    may not save the US economy; it sure makes the wimmins happy!

    Pay your taxes and keep Congress in SUVs and summer homes :

    http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/z/8/2/hopenosis.gif

    Bucky Breeder, May 5, 2009
  15. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote in message news:Xns9C029592C2F9ABuckyGram@216.151.153.22...
    > "Charles" <> perpetrated this via
    >>
    >> This has nothing to do with my job description.

    > What exactly is your job description? You should always
    > post your job description so someone can post an appropriate
    > answer to your queries. But never post post your true job
    > description. You should munge it and disguise it fairly
    > well so nobody has a good idea of what exactly it is.
    > Only then can the gurus formulate your solution and indeed,
    > your destiny.

    snip

    I was actually trying to find out if anyone else in this world finds those
    toolbars annoying, and, if someone came up with a solution to block them
    from installing, without removing the admin rights. Just a simple technical
    question.
    I've got some good answers, such as M.L.'s script idea, or disabling third
    party browser extensions, from Center Parting's reply.
    I don't know why I was under the impression that this was a tech support
    group, I may have been wrong.
    Do you think I can post my resume here as an attachment? If I just copy and
    paste it, the formatting may be lost, and posting in HTML may raise some
    eybrows.
    Please provide a complete list of all documents necessary. I can also make
    available my birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, bank account
    statement, tax returns, employment contract and credit report.

    Charles, May 5, 2009
  16. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gaULl.2290$>, says...
    >>

    > <snip>
    >>
    >> There are tehnical answers to socio/political problems. Weapons, for
    >> example.

    > No, your're wrong.

    That was a very powerful argument, backed by undisputable evidence. I took
    note of it right away!

    >> You don't understand, you just think you do.

    > Oh, but I do.

    Thanks, I needed your confirmation.

    >> This is not a question of
    >> 'whodunnit', of course I repeatedly told everyone to look before they
    >> click
    >> 'next'. They are oblivious of it, they just want to get the update over
    >> with
    >> asap, and don't pay attention.
    >> I am not the kind of guy who answers a cry for help, with: "It's not my
    >> job!"

    > No, you're the kind of guy that wants to curry favor with people by
    > looking like some sort of technical computer expert when your're not.

    I never claimed to be a computer expert, that's why I posted here.
    Fortunately, you were kind enough to share some of your valuable expertise.

    >> Again, this has nothing to do with my job description, the state of the
    >> economy, swine flu, or the conflict in the Middle East.

    > You really go out of you're way to avoid the obvious. You're afraid to
    > tell the boss to fix his own mess that he made.

    I'm not afraid, I'll waterboard him the next time he tries to update Java.

    > The first time it happens you fix it for him and show hin why it happened
    > and how to avoid or fix it himself. After that he's on his own. That is
    > unless you're trying to curry favor or look impressive, in which case
    > you've brought this situation on yourself, enjoy it.
    >
    >> If you can answer, I appreciate it, if not, I'll appreciate if you let
    >> someone else do it.

    > You got your answer. Others are telling you the same thing. And I'm not
    > stopping anybody else from answering. I wouldn't do that even if I had
    > the power.

    You do have the power to pollute my thread with psycho-analysis and
    socio/political issues. Maybe you don't know that much about computers,
    after all.
    I posted the question to this entire group, not you in particular. You don't
    have to feel obligated to reply, if you don't know the answer.

    Charles, May 6, 2009
  17. Charles

    Art Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in message news:Xns9C029592C2F9ABuckyGram@216.151.153.22...
    >> "Charles" <> perpetrated this via
    >>> This has nothing to do with my job description.

    >> What exactly is your job description? You should always
    >> post your job description so someone can post an appropriate
    >> answer to your queries. But never post post your true job
    >> description. You should munge it and disguise it fairly
    >> well so nobody has a good idea of what exactly it is.
    >> Only then can the gurus formulate your solution and indeed,
    >> your destiny.
    >>

    > snip
    >
    > I was actually trying to find out if anyone else in this world finds those
    > toolbars annoying, and, if someone came up with a solution to block them
    > from installing, without removing the admin rights. Just a simple technical
    > question.
    > I've got some good answers, such as M.L.'s script idea, or disabling third
    > party browser extensions, from Center Parting's reply.
    > I don't know why I was under the impression that this was a tech support
    > group, I may have been wrong.
    > Do you think I can post my resume here as an attachment? If I just copy and
    > paste it, the formatting may be lost, and posting in HTML may raise some
    > eybrows.
    > Please provide a complete list of all documents necessary. I can also make
    > available my birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, bank account
    > statement, tax returns, employment contract and credit report.

    Don't forget your SSN.

    --
    Art

    Art, May 6, 2009
  18. Charles

    SteveBell Guest

    ><> wrote in message
    >>"Charles" <> wrote:
    >>>Does anyone know if there's a way to block installing the Yahoo,
    >>>Google, or any browser toolbars?
    >>>Every time you update Java, CCleaner, or others, these stupid
    >>>toolbars are installed automatically. I know, if you choose
    >>>custom install you can avoid them, but I am interested in a way
    >>>to prevent installing them even if the user doesn't uncheck the
    >>>box. I am dealing with a number of morons in our office, who
    >>>don't have the common sense to look before they click 'Next',
    >>>when installing an update. Unfortunatelly, they have
    >>>administrator rights, and I can't change that. I am looking for
    >>>a registry fix, or group policy, or something like that, not by
    >>>installing anti-spyware programs.

    >>Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>
    >>SECPOL.MSC
    >><enter>
    >>
    >>Find a policy that will do what you want (XP pro only)

    >Your answer is very close, but I don't think I can block specific
    >software (browser toolbars) from being installed, that way. Not for
    >Firefox, anyway. I was hoping that someone might know of a way to
    >prevent any software containing words like 'Yahoo' or 'Google', from
    >being installed. On the other hand, Google is the favorite homepage,
    >so I can't block it in their hosts file. I don't have anything
    >against Google, but I don't see any reason for a Google toolbar, when
    >your browser home page is already set to Google, same goes for Yahoo.

    I've worked in several companies that had this issue. The only
    effective solution was to enable the policies that prohibit people from
    installing anything at all. It was difficult to get the plan approved,
    but showing upper management how much money was wasted reconfiguring
    PCs made the case. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but HR
    made it clear that people were supposed to be *working* while they were
    being paid, not fooling around with PCs that were company property.

    --
    Steve Bell
    New Life Home Improvement

    SteveBell, May 6, 2009
  19. Charles wrote in news:_c3Ml.4909$%:

    > "Bucky Breeder"
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote in
    > message news:Xns9C029592C2F9ABuckyGram@216.151.153.22...
    >> "Charles" <> perpetrated this via
    >>>
    >>> This has nothing to do with my job description.

    >> What exactly is your job description? You should always
    >> post your job description so someone can post an appropriate
    >> answer to your queries. But never post post your true job
    >> description. You should munge it and disguise it fairly
    >> well so nobody has a good idea of what exactly it is.
    >> Only then can the gurus formulate your solution and indeed,
    >> your destiny.
    >>

    > snip
    >
    > I was actually trying to find out if anyone else in this world finds
    > those toolbars annoying, and, if someone came up with a solution to
    > block them from installing, without removing the admin rights. Just a
    > simple technical question.
    > I've got some good answers, such as M.L.'s script idea, or disabling
    > third party browser extensions, from Center Parting's reply.
    > I don't know why I was under the impression that this was a tech
    > support group, I may have been wrong.

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    mozilla.firefox.support

    I suggest you crosspost the question to both.

    I don't know the answer to your technical question but I do understand
    the situation in your office, and it made me miss my old boss so much, I
    sent him an email.

    You should be able to get an answer from one of the groups listed above
    without all the lecturing you have received here.

    You might also try alt.privacy.spyware as a third alternative.

    And if you're really brave, you can give this a whirl:

    > Do you think I can post my resume here as an attachment? If I just
    > copy and paste it, the formatting may be lost, and posting in HTML
    > may raise some eybrows.
    > Please provide a complete list of all documents necessary. I can also
    > make available my birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate,
    > bank account statement, tax returns, employment contract and credit
    > report.

    You forgot high school and college transcripts, as well as medical
    records.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

    If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
    scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will
    refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
    which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he
    will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is
    explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, May 6, 2009
  20. Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote in news::

    > Charles wrote in news:_c3Ml.4909$%:
    >
    >> "Bucky Breeder"
    >> <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote in
    >> message news:Xns9C029592C2F9ABuckyGram@216.151.153.22...
    >>> "Charles" <> perpetrated this via

    >>> What exactly is your job description? You should always
    >>> post your job description so someone can post an appropriate
    >>> answer to your queries. But never post post your true job
    >>> description. You should munge it and disguise it fairly
    >>> well so nobody has a good idea of what exactly it is.
    >>> Only then can the gurus formulate your solution and indeed,
    >>> your destiny.
    >>>

    >> snip
    >>
    >> I was actually trying to find out if anyone else in this world finds
    >> those toolbars annoying, and, if someone came up with a solution to
    >> block them from installing, without removing the admin rights. Just a
    >> simple technical question.
    >> I've got some good answers, such as M.L.'s script idea, or disabling
    >> third party browser extensions, from Center Parting's reply.
    >> I don't know why I was under the impression that this was a tech
    >> support group, I may have been wrong.

    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    > mozilla.firefox.support
    >
    > I suggest you crosspost the question to both.
    >
    > I don't know the answer to your technical question but I do understand
    > the situation in your office, and it made me miss my old boss so
    > much, I sent him an email.
    >
    > You should be able to get an answer from one of the groups listed
    > above without all the lecturing you have received here.
    >
    > You might also try alt.privacy.spyware as a third alternative.
    >
    > And if you're really brave, you can give this a whirl:
    >
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457006.aspx
    >
    >> Do you think I can post my resume here as an attachment? If I just
    >> copy and paste it, the formatting may be lost, and posting in HTML
    >> may raise some eybrows.
    >> Please provide a complete list of all documents necessary. I can also
    >> make available my birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate,
    >> bank account statement, tax returns, employment contract and credit
    >> report.

    > You forgot high school and college transcripts, as well as medical
    > records.

    After doing some googling and considering all the discussion at Calendar
    of Updates on the subject of bundled software, I think you may be SOL.
    If there were a solution like the one you're hunting, it would probably
    be here:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_toolbars

    But it's not.

    One thing you might try is disabling instead of removing the toolbars.
    If the disable instruction holds through updates and reinstalls, you
    won't have to worry about it any more.

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, May 6, 2009