    list.

    We do want users to connect to non preferred networks but to specifically
    block this one SSID. Is there anyway to achieve this?

    Dan @ HBA, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Dan @ HBA

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 20, 7:25 pm, "Dan @ HBA" <dan@hba> wrote:
    > A neighbouring business has a wireless network which our computers
    > repeatedly attempt to connect to even though it is not in the preferred
    > list.
    >
    > We do want users to connect to non preferred networks but to specifically
    > block this one SSID. Is there anyway to achieve this?

    Would this network be "unprotected?"

    smlunatick, Apr 21, 2008

  3. Hi
    Some of the original utilities that are provided by the Wireless Card's
    manufacturers can do it.
    Try, and do not forget to switch Off Windows Wireless Utility when you use
    the other.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 21, 2008
  4. Dan @ HBA

    Dan @ HBA Guest

    No it is protected. Our computers can't connect to it but they try for an
    extended period.

    Dan @ HBA, Apr 22, 2008
  5. Dan @ HBA

    Dan @ HBA Guest

    I was hoping for a more network wide configuration which does not rely on
    specific hardware.

    Dan @ HBA, Apr 22, 2008
  6. Dan @ HBA

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 21, 8:03 pm, "Dan @ HBA" <dan@hba> wrote:
    > I was hoping for a more network wide configuration which does not rely on
    > specific hardware.

    > > Hi
    > > Some of the original utilities that are provided by the Wireless Card's
    > > manufacturers can do it.
    > > Try, and do not forget to switch Off Windows Wireless Utility when you use
    > > the other.
    > >http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > > "Dan @ HBA" <dan@hba> wrote in message
    > >>A neighbouring business has a wireless network which our computers
    > >>repeatedly attempt to connect to even though it is not in the preferred
    > >>list.

    > >> We do want users to connect to non preferred networks but to specifically
    > >> block this one SSID. Is there anyway to achieve this?- Hide quoted text -

    Problem exists on each "client" PC. They are the ones hwho try to
    access the wrong network. Since the hardware is possibly different on
    each of the PCs, you need to trun off the wireless manufacturer's
    bundled connection tools and actvate the Wireless Zero Configuration
    system. This way, you have made a "standard" wireless network with
    the Windows tools. You can then look for a group policy
    "configuration" to lock down the WZC settings.

    smlunatick, Apr 22, 2008