    list" does he/she get anything back saying the e:mail was undeliverable or
    the person has been blocked? I was wondering if this person was getting the
    message and knows they have been blocked is all....thanks Jim

    Jim M, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Jim M

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Jim M" <jim> wrote in news::

    > list" does he/she get anything back saying the e:mail was
    > undeliverable or the person has been blocked? I was wondering if this
    > person was getting the message and knows they have been blocked is
    > all....thanks Jim

    No. It just deletes the mail.

    Jim Berwick, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Jim M

    Ionizer Guest

    "Jim M" <jim> wrote in message news:...
    > I am using Outlook express and if I put someone on my 'Block senders
    > list" does he/she get anything back saying the e:mail was undeliverable

    or
    > the person has been blocked? I was wondering if this person was getting

    the
    > message and knows they have been blocked is all....thanks Jim

    MailWasher can be used to "bounce" messages back to the sender, which
    *will* make sure that your person is "getting the message." The last
    freeware version of MailWasher is available here:
    http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page2.html MailWasher should not
    be used to bounce Spam however, where the "From" field is almost always
    forged. I'm assuming that the sender you have in mind is not forging
    his/her return address.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Jim M

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ionizer wrote:
    > MailWasher can be used to "bounce" messages back to the sender, which
    > *will* make sure that your person is "getting the message." The last
    > freeware version of MailWasher is available here:
    > http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page2.html MailWasher should
    > not be used to bounce Spam however, where the "From" field is almost
    > always forged. I'm assuming that the sender you have in mind is not
    > forging his/her return address.

    Lest the most important last sentence of that post be missed by those
    who read carelessly....

    Do not, I repeat do *not* bounce /spam/ with MailWasher MW.

    MW's default configuration is to fraudulently bogus bounce, and its
    fraudulent 'documentation' about bogus bouncing at its website and other
    documentation is a pack of lies designed for commercial gain for its pay
    version..

    MW's lying developers mislead the users of its spamfilter to believe
    that the bogus bouncing is a 'feature' which should be applied to spam.
    It tells those lies as a matter of 'competing' with other spamfilters
    which will have nothing to do with bogus bouncing of spam. Fraudulent
    and belated bogus 'bouncing' which is actually the creation of a newmail
    to the spam's bogus From is well known to be abusive and has also caused
    the unwise MW bogus bouncers of spam to be threatened with loss of
    service by their providers.

    This occurs because the abused bogus From recipient of bogus MW bounces
    of spam report that abusive MW user to their provider.

    MW's developers should configure MW to *NOT* bogus bounce 'out of the
    box' -- and if the developers want to provide such a 'dangerous' abusive
    functionality, it/they should require the user to sign an agreement
    demonstrating and understanding of the harmful nature of bogus bouncing
    of spam and to also obtain permission from their provider to forge the
    provider's role accounts into bogus bouncing headers.

    Only after providing such documentation should a user be provided with a
    key which would enable bogus bouncing.

    Cranking out millions of downloads of free MW default configured to
    bogus bounce spam and then installed by uninformed newbies while also
    hyping the bogus bouncing of spam at the website is beyond
    irresponsible. It is greedy fraud which is also abusive. MW is
    responsible for untold millions of abusive bogus bounces of spams to
    innocent forged spam Froms.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Jim M

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > MW's developers should configure MW to *NOT* bogus bounce 'out of the
    > box'

    > Cranking out millions of downloads of free MW default configured to
    > bogus bounce spam

    > is beyond
    > irresponsible.

    Altho' I decline to 'read the mind' of spammers and other greedy liars,
    it is my opinion that there is an ulterior motive in the design of MW to
    aid a subclass of spammers and bulk mailing list operators.

    MW's bogus bounce feature broadly applied by unwitting newbies helps
    certain bulk mailing list operators to listwash 'automatically'. That
    solves a problem for those bulkers because many spam recipients are
    prone to report their unwanted spam instead of responding to 'remove'
    instructions. They may use spamcop to report, which anonymizes and
    blocklists and notifies the source provider - thus thwarting
    listwashing.

    Listwashing is a process by which the senders of unwanted mail, bulkers,
    remove an address from a particular list and thus prevent complaints
    about the receipt of the mail to the provider.

    Bulkers would like for recipients to either 'just hit delete' or to
    'remove' or to bogus bounce with MW. Not report to the provider with
    some kind of anonymizer like spamcop.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Jim M

    Ionizer Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Altho' I decline to 'read the mind' of spammers and other greedy liars,
    > it is my opinion that there is an ulterior motive in the design of MW to
    > aid a subclass of spammers and bulk mailing list operators.
    >
    > MW's bogus bounce feature broadly applied by unwitting newbies helps
    > certain bulk mailing list operators to listwash 'automatically'. That
    > solves a problem for those bulkers because many spam recipients are
    > prone to report their unwanted spam instead of responding to 'remove'
    > instructions. They may use spamcop to report, which anonymizes and
    > blocklists and notifies the source provider - thus thwarting
    > listwashing.
    >
    > Listwashing is a process by which the senders of unwanted mail, bulkers,
    > remove an address from a particular list and thus prevent complaints
    > about the receipt of the mail to the provider.

    <snip>

    I understand and agree with your previous points about not using
    Mailwasher's bounce feature to deal with spam, but I don't understand the
    point you are making about listwashing. If I understand the concept of
    listwashing correctly, then what I really DO want is to be removed from
    spammer's mailing lists- I want them to remove my address from their list.
    I'd rather not receive the spam in the first place, rather than ensure
    that I keep receiving it so that I can continue complaining. I'm more
    concerned with winning my battle than winning the war.

    Am I just completely missing and misunderstanding what you are saying,
    Mike?

    Regards,
    Ian.
    (SpamCop user since 2002.)