    time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
    I hope this makes sense,
    Thanks for any replies.

    o00o, Jul 15, 2006

  2. o00o

    Yddap Guest

    In news:pQ0ug.2051$,
    o00o <> opined loudly:
    > Using Outlook Express 6.
    > Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
    > same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
    > I hope this makes sense,
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
    presuming the same Email address is used
    --

    Yddap

    Yddap, Jul 15, 2006

  3. o00o

    o00o Guest

    "Yddap" <> wrote in message
    > In news:pQ0ug.2051$,
    > o00o <> opined loudly:
    >> Using Outlook Express 6.
    >> Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
    >> same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
    >> I hope this makes sense,
    >> Thanks for any replies.

    > Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
    > presuming the same Email address is used
    > --
    >
    > Yddap

    Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It only
    seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the time.
    Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

    o00o, Jul 15, 2006
  4. o00o

    Toolman Tim Guest

    o00o wrote:
    > "Yddap" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:pQ0ug.2051$,
    >> o00o <> opined loudly:
    >>> Using Outlook Express 6.
    >>> Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at
    >>> the same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
    >>> I hope this makes sense,
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
    >> presuming the same Email address is used
    >> --
    >>
    >> Yddap
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It
    > only seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the
    > time. Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

    Did you read "LINE TWO" of his response? Here: I'll REPEAT it for you:
    >> presuming the same Email address is used

    Block senders is not newsgroup specific. It blocks a specific email address
    in ALL newsgroups.

    Of course, since you didn't explain exactly what you did, it's not very easy
    to answer you question correctly. For instance, if you did block a sender,
    then said OK to the "remove all messages from this sender" that will NOT
    affect locally stored posts in other newsgroups, only the one you are in at
    the time. You could turn off "Group messages by conversation", then sorting
    by the senders name, then deleting them, and do that in all newsgroups. Then
    reset the "Group messages by conversation."

    So 'splain yo'self better next time!

    Toolman Tim, Jul 15, 2006
  5. o00o

    Duane Arnold Guest

    o00o wrote:
    > "Yddap" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In news:pQ0ug.2051$,
    >>o00o <> opined loudly:
    >>
    >>>Using Outlook Express 6.
    >>>Is it possible, to "block" one sender from multiple newsgroups at the
    >>>same time, or do I have to do it one newsgroup at a time?
    >>>I hope this makes sense,
    >>>Thanks for any replies.

    >>Just "block sender" it applies to all newsgroups within OE
    >>presuming the same Email address is used
    >>--
    >>
    >>Yddap
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply Yddap, but I don't think it works that way, It only
    > seems to block the sender in the newsgroup that I'm using at the time.
    > Unless of course I'm doing something wrong?

    OE blocks the sender in all NG(s).

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 15, 2006