block-list for firefox adblock extension

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Evil Bastard, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Hi,

    Baulking at the task of building up my own set of filters for the
    firefox adblock extension, I went in search of a premade list.

    Came up lucky:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/rick752/firefox/adblock_rick752.txt

    What's a banner ad? :p

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Evil Bastard

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:58:32 +1300, Evil Bastard wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Baulking at the task of building up my own set of filters for the
    > firefox adblock extension, I went in search of a premade list.
    >
    > Came up lucky:
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/rick752/firefox/adblock_rick752.txt
    >
    > What's a banner ad? :p

    It misses a few (Toms hardware). Try this one. Maybe someone should add
    them togeather ?lol

    [Adblock]
    *-ad.cgi*
    *.addaddy.net/*
    *.babylonbucks.com/*
    *.bride.ru
    *.directresponse.com
    *.imgehost.com/*
    *.inetc.net/*
    *.linkbuddies.com
    *.mediaturf.net
    *.simtel.net/gfx/*
    */Adv/*
    */RealMedia/ads/*
    */admentor/*
    */adrevolver/*
    */adserve/*
    */bannerads/*
    */bannerit/*
    */banners/*
    */featuread/*
    */liveads/*
    */phpads/*
    */softad/*
    */spymagic/*
    *Banner-468x60*
    *IslandBox*
    *adbureau.*
    *adbutler.de
    *adsdk.com*
    *advertising.*
    *atdmt.com*
    *bannermania.*
    *bizrate.com
    *bluestreak.*
    *cash4banner*
    *crazypopups.com
    *doubleclick*
    *exchangead.*
    *eyeblaster-bs.*
    *falkag.net
    *fastclick.*
    *hitbox.com
    *i.imdb*
    *mediaonenetwork.net*
    *mediaplex*
    *popupad.net
    *qkimg.net
    *qksrv.net*
    *rcm.amazon.com/*
    *spinbox.*
    *spylog*
    *thecounter*
    *tradedoubler.com
    *tribalfusion*
    *valueclick*
    *zdmcirc.*
    /.*adcycle\.cgi\?.*/
    /[\W\d]banner(s|id\=)[\W\d]/
    /\D\d{2,3}x\d{2,3}\D/
    /\Wad(server|s)?[\W\d](\/|\.)/
    /\Wgoogle(adservices|syndication)\W/
    /bd.m?
    /sp(onsor|ymagic)/
    /top(100|cto)/
    http://ads.*
    img.thebugs.ws
    reklama
    sexcounter.*
    statse.webtrendslive.com
    us.yimg.com/a/
    yimg.com/*.js

    --

    .... Brendan

    #1578 +(4919)- [X]

    <calin> we had a guy at school that wore black lipstick.. and was all
    gothy.. and then one day we caught him buying an assvibrator
    <ecoli> ew.
    <ecoli> wait, you "caught" him?
    <ecoli> like, you were behind him in line at the assvibrator store?
    <Aero> he doesnt answer
    *** Quits: calin (No route to host)

    Note: All my comments are copyright 5/10/2005 3:06:45 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Evil Bastard

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Evil Bastard <> wrote in news:43427c92$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Baulking at the task of building up my own set of filters for the
    > firefox adblock extension, I went in search of a premade list.
    >
    > Came up lucky:
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/rick752/firefox/adblock_rick752.txt
    >
    > What's a banner ad? :p

    Hmm, I use this:
    http://www.pierceive.com/
    Extension for Firefox that automatically updates Filterset.G. Also allows
    personal filters that persist across updates.
    Requires Adblock or Adblock Plus.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1136

    --
    Ciao, Dave