    registry, but how do I stop it trrying to install itself? What and
    where is the install program for this?

    Can anyone help me?

    Luke, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Luke

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Luke wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I installed Block-checker and have uninstalled after finding it
    > useless.
    >
    > I use Microsoft Antispyware (among others) to keep my computer from
    > spy and adware. The trouble is, that everytime I switch on or reboot
    > the computer Microsoft Antispyware pops up a message saying that
    > "Adware.BlockChecker" is trying to install. It trys to install itself
    > in part of the registry.
    >
    > Microsoft Antispyware give me the choice to remove the entry into the
    > registry, but how do I stop it trrying to install itself? What and
    > where is the install program for this?
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    You installed *WHAT*???? Don't do things like that!!! Did you ask anyone
    first? Did you research it on the web? C'mon, man *think* first.

    Okay. Have you ran Spybot Search & Destroy? Or Adaware SE? If not, update
    them, reboot in Safe Mode, and run them. See if that helps. If not, post
    back here.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Luke

    Luke Guest

    I have Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware SE, but only Microsoft
    Antispyware detects it. I have not tryed running them in safe mode.
    So I let you know.

    Thanks for your help

    Luke, Sep 11, 2005