block b-opp.com?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Russell Smithies, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(
    Russell Smithies, Jul 23, 2003

  2. "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in

    message
    > > how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    > > I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(
    > >

    > Run a spyware scanner such as "Spybot search & destroy" over your sytem.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    I do that weekly and have been doing so for years.
    These seem to be coming in thru messenger I think.

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Russell Smithies

    Allistar Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:

    > how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    > I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

    Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
    mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
    that site when running other software, like messanger?)

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 23, 2003
  4. On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:

    > Russell Smithies wrote:
    >
    >> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    >> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

    > Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
    > mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
    > that site when running other software, like messanger?)
    >
    > Allistar.

    They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)

    Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
    Service

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Russell Smithies

    mdew Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:53:36 +1200, Russell Smithies wrote:

    > how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    > I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

    using a hosts file, make it loopback on itself.

    127.0.0.1 b-opp.com

    voila, no more popups.
    mdew, Jul 23, 2003
  6. "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:
    >
    > > Russell Smithies wrote:
    > >
    > >> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
    > >> I think they're comming in thru messenger :-(

    > > Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do

    you
    > > mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
    > > that site when running other software, like messanger?)
    > >
    > > Allistar.

    > They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)
    >
    > Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
    > Service
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    thanx Craig,