    on but I do not want the other pc to access my pc on running XP.

    How do you prevent this from occuring?
    Thank you
    Lenard, Jan 28, 2008

  2. Lenard

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Lenard" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I am setting up and home wifi wireless network with 2 systems using my ISP's
    > wireless/LAN modem that I have an account with. The other pc is being added
    > on but I do not want the other pc to access my pc on running XP.
    >
    > How do you prevent this from occuring?
    > Thank you

    Choose a wi-fi router model that supports this feature (sometimes called "client isolation").

    --PA
    Pavel A., Jan 28, 2008

  3. Hi
    You can use the computer's Firewall settings to block local traffic.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 28, 2008
  4. Lenard

    ANOman

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Go to you control panel - administrative tools - computer management - shared folders - shares - "right_click" c$ and stop sharing. Do the same for ADMIN$ and IPC$.
    ANOman, Jan 28, 2008