    mimiseh Guest

    Hi,
    Is there a way to block specific files from a router. Thanks.

    mimiseh, Mar 29, 2005

  2. In article <Wvg2e.36$>, mimiseh <> wrote:
    : Is there a way to block specific files from a router. Thanks.

    Which model, which IOS version, which feature set, and block from being
    transported by which mechanism? Also, is the blocking to be done by file
    name, or by file content? If by file content, then is identification of
    the files a simple matter, or is what you are asking for really a form
    of virus checking complete with polymorphism and different kinds of
    compression algorithms and so on?
    --
    Look out, there are llamas!

    Walter Roberson, Mar 29, 2005

  3. mimiseh

    John Guest

    By file name.

    John, Mar 30, 2005
  4. In article <53o2e.26192$Ue6.19113@trndny04>, John <> top-posted:
    :"Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message
    :news:d2c65p$b1v$...
    :> In article <Wvg2e.36$>, mimiseh <>
    :> wrote:
    :> : Is there a way to block specific files from a router. Thanks.

    :> Which model, which IOS version, which feature set, and block from being
    :> transported by which mechanism? Also, is the blocking to be done by file
    :> name, or by file content?

    :By file name.

    John, the posting headers do not seem to indicate that you are the original
    author of the question -- different email addresses completely,
    different ISPs completely. Are you indeed the same author or answering
    on the author's behalf, or are you asking how to block by filename as
    a second person interested in this possibility?

    We really need the information about IOS rev and featureset to tell you
    how best to block, and we need the information about transport mechanism.
    For example, if the transport mechanism is http or ftp then the answer
    is going to be different than if the transport is java applet
    or is tftp or ICQ.
    --
    Oh, to be a Blobel!

    Walter Roberson, Mar 30, 2005