Blizzard Disrupts Global Warming Rally

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by walter, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. walter

    walter Guest

    walter, Mar 3, 2009

  2. In message <>, richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:15:29 -0500, "walter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/849
    > >
    > >Talk about irony. ROFL!
    > >

    > Ain't it a shame? or - ain't it nice?
    >
    > I don't know who started this farce, but I'd just like to know how
    > they came to this determination. After all, the earth's temperature
    > has been nearly the same for a million years or more and these
    > activists want you to believe that this devestation is going to happen
    > next week or next year. Which they've been saying for 20 years or so.
    >
    > Their so called evidence is "the fact" that ice glaciers are melting
    > more rapidly than they were eons ago. Like these people can back that
    > up?
    >
    > Hell, I'm more worried about getting hit by a lightning bolt.

    Your failure to understnad relative threats and immanent threats is noted.

    Better leave the science to the scientists.

    ^_^

    -James Madison
    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 3, 2009

  3. walter

    Keyser Söze Guest

    richard <> wrote in message

    > Hell, I'm more worried about getting hit by a lightning bolt.

    From above or below? Would it even matter?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 3, 2009
  4. walter

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar, Mar 3, 2009
  5. walter

    Doug Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> In message <>, richard
    >> wrote:

    >>> Ain't it a shame? or - ain't it nice?
    >>>
    >>> I don't know who started this farce, but I'd just like to know how
    >>> they came to this determination. After all, the earth's temperature
    >>> has been nearly the same for a million years or more and these
    >>> activists want you to believe that this devestation is going to
    >>> happen next week or next year. Which they've been saying for 20
    >>> years or so.
    >>>
    >>> Their so called evidence is "the fact" that ice glaciers are melting
    >>> more rapidly than they were eons ago. Like these people can back
    >>> that up?
    >>>
    >>> Hell, I'm more worried about getting hit by a lightning bolt.

    >> Your failure to understnad relative threats and immanent threats is
    >> noted.
    >>
    >> Better leave the science to the scientists.
    >>
    >> ^_^

    Would these be the same scientists in the 70s who warned of the coming ice
    age due to global cooling and actually suggested spreading soot on the ice
    caps to promote melting?

    Yeah the scientists are never wrong.

    Of course we know that which supports global warming supports global
    warming, that which refutes global warming supports global warming, anybody
    who speaks against global warming isn't qualified to speak about global
    warming.

    If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if
    there's a lot of storms it's global warming, if it's a quiet season it's
    global warming.

    My suggestion would be if you're going to hold a global warming rally at
    least wait till it's, oh I don't know, WARM!

    Doug, Mar 3, 2009
  6. walter

    ftran999 Guest

    "walter" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/849
    >
    > Talk about irony. ROFL!

    Talk about ironic, I remember a while back there was an image of people
    participating in a GW march, Seattle IIRC. They were marching in a heavy
    snow storm. Hillarious I thought.
    ftran999, Mar 3, 2009
  7. walter

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:08:45 -0600, The Old Sourdough
    <> wrote:

    >We should be so lucky..

    He ain't smart enough to get hit by lightning.
    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2009
  8. walter

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:58:07 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >What *I* find amazing is that people actually think such a thing actually
    >means *anything* in terms of climate.

    You don't think. That's the problem.
    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2009
  9. walter

    catchme Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:15:29 -0500, "walter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/849
    >>
    >> Talk about irony. ROFL!
    >>

    > Ain't it a shame? or - ain't it nice?
    >
    > I don't know who started this farce, but I'd just like to know how
    > they came to this determination. After all, the earth's temperature
    > has been nearly the same for a million years or more and these
    > activists want you to believe that this devestation is going to happen
    > next week or next year. Which they've been saying for 20 years or so.
    >
    > Their so called evidence is "the fact" that ice glaciers are melting
    > more rapidly than they were eons ago. Like these people can back that
    > up?
    >
    > Hell, I'm more worried about getting hit by a lightning bolt.

    ok, all the ice at the top of the glass is melting.
    what happens to the water close to the bottom?
    that's right- the blizzard is an example of what occurs when the warmer
    climes start getting cooler, as the ice in the North melts and moves
    southward. The temperatures at the top and bottom of the glass- err,
    EARTH, are nearing parity.
    Or did you expect global warming to begin at the equator, despite all
    science reports indicating otherwise?
    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  10. walter

    catchme Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:15:29 -0500, "walter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/849
    >>
    >> Talk about irony. ROFL!
    >>

    > Ain't it a shame? or - ain't it nice?
    >
    > I don't know who started this farce, but I'd just like to know how
    > they came to this determination. After all, the earth's temperature
    > has been nearly the same for a million years or more and these
    > activists want you to believe that this devestation is going to happen
    > next week or next year. Which they've been saying for 20 years or so.
    >
    > Their so called evidence is "the fact" that ice glaciers are melting
    > more rapidly than they were eons ago. Like these people can back that
    > up?
    >
    > Hell, I'm more worried about getting hit by a lightning bolt.

    yes, the ice cubes are sliding further down the glass- ice bergs have
    been sighted off the coast of newfoundland- and no, Canada isn't all
    that cold....yet.
    so anyhow, the ice at the top of the glass melts, making the glass at
    the bottom, .....cooler.
    Science is working, as that blizzard indicates the temperature changes
    to warmer climes, are about to get a lot cooler.
    you have just seen the "tip of the iceberg".
    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  11. walter

    catchme Guest

    Doug wrote:
    > ??w?f wrote:

    >>> Your failure to understnad relative threats and immanent threats is
    >>> noted.
    >>>
    >>> Better leave the science to the scientists.
    >>>
    >>> ^_^
    >>>

    > Would these be the same scientists in the 70s who warned of the coming ice
    > age due to global cooling and actually suggested spreading soot on the ice
    > caps to promote melting?
    >
    > Yeah the scientists are never wrong.
    >
    > Of course we know that which supports global warming supports global
    > warming, that which refutes global warming supports global warming, anybody
    > who speaks against global warming isn't qualified to speak about global
    > warming.
    >
    > If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if
    > there's a lot of storms it's global warming, if it's a quiet season it's
    > global warming.
    >
    > My suggestion would be if you're going to hold a global warming rally at
    > least wait till it's, oh I don't know, WARM!

    those who are against global warming, are supported by big oil companies.
    This is not a mere supposition- I did a search on some of the largest
    deniers, who are published by the Heartland Institute, and then searched
    their financiers.

    As to the blizzard phenomena- think on what happens to the bottom of a
    glass when the ice at the top begins to melt.
    Sooner or later, the glass- the Earth- will achieve parity, as the ice
    becomes smaller and moves farther south....
    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  12. walter

    catchme Guest

    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  13. walter

    Doug Guest

    catchme wrote:
    > Doug wrote:

    >> Would these be the same scientists in the 70s who warned of the
    >> coming ice age due to global cooling and actually suggested
    >> spreading soot on the ice caps to promote melting?
    >>
    >> Yeah the scientists are never wrong.
    >>
    >> Of course we know that which supports global warming supports global
    >> warming, that which refutes global warming supports global warming,
    >> anybody who speaks against global warming isn't qualified to speak
    >> about global warming.
    >>
    >> If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if
    >> there's a lot of storms it's global warming, if it's a quiet season
    >> it's global warming.
    >>
    >> My suggestion would be if you're going to hold a global warming
    >> rally at least wait till it's, oh I don't know, WARM!

    > those who are against global warming, are supported by big oil
    > companies. This is not a mere supposition- I did a search on some of
    > the largest deniers, who are published by the Heartland Institute,
    > and then searched their financiers.

    This of course makes sense. Considering that "big oil" (bad guy music)
    stands to gain as much or more than any other industry during a worldwide
    conversion to so called "green" technologies. Where exactly to you think the
    billions of tons of feed stock (plastics, glass, rubber, steel, alloys,
    electronics, lubricants) required for such a conversion come from? They all
    are produced from or require for production (wait for it).... PETROLEUM.
    After that we're about out anyway. "Big oil" (bad guy music) knows this.
    Some say we've waited too long already. You like to "search on it." Do a
    search on global peak oil.

    > As to the blizzard phenomena- think on what happens to the bottom of a
    > glass when the ice at the top begins to melt.
    > Sooner or later, the glass- the Earth- will achieve parity, as the ice
    > becomes smaller and moves farther south....

    Ah yes the planet is just like a glass of ice. Of course I'm not qualified
    to speak about global warming. (read above)

    Doug, Mar 4, 2009
  14. walter

    walter Guest

    Doug wrote:

    <snippage>

    > Of course we know that which supports global warming supports global
    > warming, that which refutes global warming supports global warming,
    > anybody who speaks against global warming isn't qualified to speak
    > about global warming.
    >
    > If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if
    > there's a lot of storms it's global warming, if it's a quiet season
    > it's global warming.
    >
    > My suggestion would be if you're going to hold a global warming rally
    > at least wait till it's, oh I don't know, WARM!

    Bravo!

    Did you ever see this article comparing Captain Tree-Hugger's "carbon
    footprint" to that of the average American household? I only repost it
    because liberal hypocrisy tends to get buried by the mainstream media here
    in the U.S.

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp
    walter, Mar 4, 2009
  15. "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > In message <gollhu$feu$>, "Doug" wrote:
    >>
    >> Ah yes the planet is just like a glass of ice. Of course I'm not
    >> qualified
    >> to speak about global warming. (read above)

    > Well...you got one thing right.
    >
    > ^_^
    >

    > --
    > "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the
    > people
    > by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and
    > sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger
    > historically
    > have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    > -James Madison

    Check out junkscience.com
    The Stone Crusher, May 13, 2009