    --

    Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber

    Poke out my left I to reply

    Aingon Atelia, Mar 16, 2009

  2. Aingon Atelia

    bill van Guest

    In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    Aingon Atelia <> wrote:

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.

    --
    bill
    remove my country for e-mail

    bill van, Mar 16, 2009

  3. > In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    > Aingon Atelia <> wrote:
    >
    >> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    >> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    >> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    >> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    >> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    >> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    >> ground.
    >>
    >> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >>
    >> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    > Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    > Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    > able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.

    That was my plan.

    Aingon Atelia, Mar 16, 2009
  4. Aingon Atelia

    jmcquown Guest

    "Aingon Atelia" <> wrote in message
    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
    > --
    >
    > Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber
    >
    > Poke out my left I to reply

    Thank you for keeping us informed. We all loved Lee (Blinky) and miss him.

    Jill

    jmcquown, Mar 16, 2009
  5. Aingon Atelia

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-16, Aingon Atelia <> wrote:
    >> In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    >> Aingon Atelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    >>> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    >>> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    >>> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    >>> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    >>> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    >>> ground.
    >>>
    >>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >>> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >>>
    >>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    >> Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    >> Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    >> able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
    >>

    > That was my plan.

    Good plan. Thanks

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 16, 2009
  6. In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    wrote:

    >We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    >Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    >of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    >of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    >and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    >site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    >ground.
    >
    >After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    >Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    Thanks for letting us know, Walt. Beer, pizza and darts sounds like a fine
    tribute.

    --
    charles

    Charles Bishop, Mar 16, 2009
  7. Aingon Atelia

    ..PL.. Guest

    Aingon Atelia <> wrote in news:iTmvl.21337
    $:

    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts.

    3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!

    > He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.

    I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :)

    I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the idea.

    The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :)

    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.

    You are the epitome of a best friend.

    Blinky was very lucky.

    --
    Peter Lucas
    Brisbane

    Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

    http://improve-usenet.org/

    http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

    ..PL.., Mar 16, 2009
  8. Aingon Atelia

    Veronique Guest

    On Mar 16, 12:24 am, Aingon Atelia <> wrote:
    > > In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    > >  Aingon Atelia <> wrote:

    > >> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > >> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > >> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > >> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > >> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > >> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > >> ground.

    > >> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > >> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > >> pretty good at it most days.  I believe he would have approved.

    > >> Bye, you big friggin' doof.  I miss you a hundred times a day.

    > > Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    > > Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    > > able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.

    > That was my plan.

    And much appreciated. Thanks.

    V.
    --
    Veronique Chez Sheep

    Veronique, Mar 16, 2009
  9. Aingon Atelia

    Dimitri Guest

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
    > --
    >
    > Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber
    >
    > Poke out my left I to reply

    Nice of you to keep us up to date.

    Dimitri

    Dimitri, Mar 16, 2009
  10. Aingon Atelia

    Sky Guest

    Aingon Atelia wrote:

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
    > --
    >
    > Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber
    >
    > Poke out my left I to reply

    You did good. Blinky would be proud I think, and he was blessed to have
    you for a dear friend. I miss (chatting with) him and his humor, too.
    Pizza, beer, and darts is a good send-off. I did not know he was a
    darts fan - steel or plastic tip I wonder <G>. Knowing Blinky the short
    time I did, I'd guess steel tips ;)

    Sky

    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

    Sky, Mar 16, 2009
  11. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:05:36 -0700, Aingon Atelia wrote:

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    (Wiping tear) Thanks, Aingon...Bye, Blinky :-(

    --
    Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

    Gene E. Bloch, Mar 16, 2009
  12. Aingon Atelia

    Adam Funk Guest

    On 2009-03-16, Aingon Atelia wrote:

    >> In article <iTmvl.21337$>,
    >> Aingon Atelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    >>> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    >>> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    >>> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    >>> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    >>> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    >>> ground.
    >>>
    >>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >>> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >>>
    >>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    Thanks for sharing that with us.

    >> Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    >> Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    >> able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
    >>

    > That was my plan.

    Good plan.

    --
    In Karhide king and kyorremy have a good deal of control over what
    people do, but very little over what they hear, and none over what

    Adam Funk, Mar 16, 2009
  13. Aingon Atelia

    chuckcar Guest

    Aingon Atelia <> wrote in

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    Thanks for the news. I trust there were enough good eulogies. I only knew
    him (on usenet only) for a short time, but he *did* stand out among the
    one I "met". That is without doubt.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 17, 2009
  14. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:05:36 -0700, Aingon Atelia wrote:

    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
    > of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
    > of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
    > and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
    > site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
    > ground.
    >
    > After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    > life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    > pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >
    > Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    Thank you for making a place for the froup in his fare-the-well. He will
    be missed in my heart.

    :(

    Fare-the-well, Blinkie.

    YuStrokHeet-AlWauch, Mar 17, 2009
  15. Aingon Atelia

    ..PeterL.. Guest

    ..PeterL.., Mar 17, 2009
  16. Aingon Atelia

    phil..c Guest

    phil..c, Mar 17, 2009
  17. Aingon Atelia

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Aingon Atelia wrote:
    > We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
    > Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-<snip>

    Thanks for your update, he seemed like (and I'm sure he was) a very nice
    fellow. And his screen name was certainly cute. R.I.P. Blinky

    zvnteq7, Mar 17, 2009

  18. >> > Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
    >> > Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
    >> > able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
    >> >

    >> That was my plan.
    >>

    > Your efforts are deeply appreciated. Each of these newsgroups is a
    > little on-line community. We value these connections. With Blinky in
    > mind I noted this item.
    >
    > http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090316/ap_on_hi_te/tec_death_online

    Interesting idea, and a sign of the times. It took 6 weeks before I had
    access to Blinky's computer so that I could look through and notify
    anyone I hadn't heard of. It took almost a week to get in touch with
    his daughter, because the coroner had sealed the apartment, and I didn't
    have any of her info, other than the city that she lived near.

    I think I'll start compiling my lists for a thumb drive in case
    something happens to me, and I copy it and send it to my sisters.

    Aingon Atelia, Mar 19, 2009

  19. > Aingon Atelia <> wrote in news:iTmvl.21337
    > $:
    >

    >> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >> life over beer, pizza and darts.

    > 3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!
    >

    >> He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.

    > I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :)

    I don't remember him ever meeting a pizza he didn't like.

    > I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the idea.
    >
    > The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :)

    Most people just stay near the toe line. :)

    >> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    > You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.
    >
    > You are the epitome of a best friend.
    >
    > Blinky was very lucky.

    Thank you.

    This has been a tough quarter for me. In mid-December my mother was
    diagnosed with leukemia. Being too weak for aggressive chemo, she was
    put on a maintenance treatment. She was already transfusion dependent
    from other bone marrow issues brought on by chemo for breast cancer 10
    years ago.

    On Feb 27th, the night before Blinky's memorial, I was finalizing the
    eulogy when my sister called, saying that my mother had fallen and hit
    her head badly enough to be hospitalized. She had a huge subdural
    hematoma, and she was too frail for them to operate on. She was
    paralyzed on her right side, and was declining. As there was no
    prospect for her to not be dependent on machines to keep her alive, with
    minimal quality of life, my sisters and I had to decide to observe what
    we knew to be her wishes and stop all of her treatments and let the
    leukemia take her. We brought her home on March 4th, and she died
    peacefully in her sleep early on the morning of the 6th. Her funeral
    was yesterday, her interment today.

    Helluva couple of months. I've also been made Blinky's daughter's
    agent, so that the apartment can get cleared out. The coroner unsealed
    it on the 10th, and I've been given until the 24th to get it emptied.
    Basically that means finding room for a 1 bedroom apartment inside my
    small 3 bedroom house, until everything can be gone through.

    And the hits just keep on coming - When I got home from my mom's
    interment today, my next door neighbor's house was packed with people.
    Turns out *he'd* died a couple of days ago from a massive coronary and
    multiple organ failure.

    It may not be safe to be around me.

    AA/MZ

    Aingon Atelia, Mar 19, 2009

  20. >> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
    >> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
    >> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
    >>
    >> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

    > You did good. Blinky would be proud I think, and he was blessed to have
    > you for a dear friend. I miss (chatting with) him and his humor, too.
    > Pizza, beer, and darts is a good send-off. I did not know he was a
    > darts fan - steel or plastic tip I wonder <G>. Knowing Blinky the short
    > time I did, I'd guess steel tips ;)

    Definitely steel, unless whatever bar he was at had an electronic
    machine. He kept them in his glove box, though, because I have a board
    in my den.

    Aingon Atelia, Mar 19, 2009