    --

    Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009

  2. "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in

    > For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg

    [...]

    Thanks. The more "recent" pics are more like what I'd imagined Blinky
    to look like as opposed to the pic with Cheech and Chong.

    --
    Cheers,
    Kurt
    Kurt Steinhauser, Feb 10, 2009

  3. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    message news:GJbkl.10464$:

    > For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >
    > Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    > page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually died
    > (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >
    > If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was
    > taken shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >
    > Walt

    On a serious note, what was the reason he croaked - you said in an earlier
    post you found him, so does one assume his heart gave way or what?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009

  4. > "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in

    >> For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >>
    >> www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg

    Here's one of a more manageable size:

    www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt_sm.jpg

    > [...]
    >
    > Thanks. The more "recent" pics are more like what I'd imagined Blinky
    > to look like as opposed to the pic with Cheech and Chong.

    The C&C one is pretty much what he looked like when I met him. The most
    recent ones are the ones in the blue ball cap. Those were taken at the
    Pomona drags in November. That was a fun day.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009

  5. > Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    > message news:GJbkl.10464$:
    >
    >> For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >>
    >> www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >>
    >> Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    >> page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually died
    >> (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >>
    >> If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was
    >> taken shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >>
    >> Walt

    > On a serious note, what was the reason he croaked - you said in an earlier
    > post you found him, so does one assume his heart gave way or what?

    He had some kind of cough that led to something worse. The official
    cause of death will not be released for another 60-90 days, but it's
    looking like some kind of pneumonia.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009
  6. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    message news:3pdkl.4270$%:

    >> Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    >> message news:GJbkl.10464$:
    >>
    >>> For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >>>
    >>> www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    >>> page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually
    >>> died (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >>>
    >>> If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was
    >>> taken shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Walt

    >> On a serious note, what was the reason he croaked - you said in an
    >> earlier post you found him, so does one assume his heart gave way or
    >> what?
    >>

    > He had some kind of cough that led to something worse. The official
    > cause of death will not be released for another 60-90 days, but it's
    > looking like some kind of pneumonia.

    So, he must have been ill before that and that the pneumonia was a
    subsequent condition, yes?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  7. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    message news:9Adkl.4271$%:

    >> Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    >> message news:3pdkl.4270$%:

    >>> He had some kind of cough that led to something worse. The official
    >>> cause of death will not be released for another 60-90 days, but it's
    >>> looking like some kind of pneumonia.

    >> So, he must have been ill before that and that the pneumonia was a
    >> subsequent condition, yes?

    > He got steadily worse over the course of about a week and a half, then
    > showed some improvement, although he said he was very weak. Then
    > Saturday he couldn't stand. Sunday he was gone.

    And his illness was what exactly?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  8. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-02-10, Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson) <> wrote:
    > For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >
    > Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    > page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually died
    > (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >
    > If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was taken
    > shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >
    > Walt

    Thanks :))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 10, 2009
  9. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History Aingon Atelia (Walt
    Hodgson) Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >
    > Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    > page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually died
    > (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >
    > If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was taken
    > shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >
    > Walt

    Thank You for sharing.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Feb 10, 2009
  10. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    cybercat Guest

    "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in message

    >> "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >>>
    >>> www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg

    > Here's one of a more manageable size:
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt_sm.jpg
    >
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Thanks. The more "recent" pics are more like what I'd imagined Blinky
    >> to look like as opposed to the pic with Cheech and Chong.

    > The C&C one is pretty much what he looked like when I met him.

    What is C&C?
    cybercat, Feb 10, 2009
  11. cybercat wrote:

    > "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" wrote:
    >> [Kurt Steinhauser wrote:]
    >>> Thanks. The more "recent" pics are more like what I'd imagined
    >>> Blinky to look like as opposed to the pic with Cheech and Chong.

    >> The C&C one is pretty much what he looked like when I met him.

    > What is C&C?

    Please see the previous line.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 10, 2009
  12. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    cybercat Guest

    > cybercat wrote:

    >>> The C&C one is pretty much what he looked like when I met him.

    >> What is C&C?

    > Please see the previous line.

    uh, duhh, thanks. :)
    cybercat, Feb 10, 2009
  13. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Top Guest

    on 2/10/2009, Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson) supposed :
    > For those of you who are interested, I just made and uploaded this.
    >
    > www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt.jpg
    >
    > Some of you may have seen the similar image I posted on my Facebook
    > page. The dates conflict, because I wasn't sure when he actually
    > died (Saturday night or Sunday morning).
    >
    > If anyone's wondering, I'm the guy in the Goofy hat. That pic was
    > taken shortly after we met, 15 years ago.
    >
    > Walt

    Well done, thanks.

    Top

    --
    I believe in grumbling; it is the politest form of fighting known. - Ed
    Howe
    Top, Feb 10, 2009
  14. Here is where you jump in, Thanatoid. This thread is seriously lacking
    some of that:

    He is dead, let the worms eat him, I had him KF'ed anyway, he wasn't a
    real person, etc... type of "just being honest" stuff.

    Then, naturally, when people react to that you can go into the "I am
    being attacked" routine for just being honest, etc...

    Wake up, now is your time to shine.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 10, 2009

  15. > Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    > message news:9Adkl.4271$%:
    >
    >>> Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    >>> message news:3pdkl.4270$%:

    >>> So, he must have been ill before that and that the pneumonia was a
    >>> subsequent condition, yes?

    >> He got steadily worse over the course of about a week and a half, then
    >> showed some improvement, although he said he was very weak. Then
    >> Saturday he couldn't stand. Sunday he was gone.

    > And his illness was what exactly?

    The coroner won't release the official report for another 2-3 months,
    but it looks like some kind of pneumonia.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009

  16. > "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in message

    >>> "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" <> wrote in

    >> Here's one of a more manageable size:
    >>
    >> www.blinkynet.net/mz/LeeTribute_txt_sm.jpg
    >>
    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> Thanks. The more "recent" pics are more like what I'd imagined Blinky
    >>> to look like as opposed to the pic with Cheech and Chong.

    >> The C&C one is pretty much what he looked like when I met him.

    > What is C&C?

    Cheech & Chong. Top left image.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009

  17. > "Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)" wrote

    >> He got steadily worse over the course of about a week and a half, then
    >> showed some improvement, although he said he was very weak. Then
    >> Saturday he couldn't stand. Sunday he was gone.

    > I appreciate this information and the photos, especially
    > since this is obviously a horrendously difficult time for you.

    It's how I cope.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009

  18. >>
    >>And his illness was what exactly?
    >>

    > Bird flu...
    >
    > It made the jump to sharks...
    >
    > :(

    I told him not to snack on seagulls.

    --

    Aingon Atelia

    Poke out my left I to reply
    Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson), Feb 10, 2009
  19. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    message news:_5mkl.1706$:

    >> Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    >> message news:9Adkl.4271$%:

    >>> He got steadily worse over the course of about a week and a half,
    >>> then showed some improvement, although he said he was very weak.
    >>> Then Saturday he couldn't stand. Sunday he was gone.

    >> And his illness was what exactly?

    > The coroner won't release the official report for another 2-3 months,
    > but it looks like some kind of pneumonia.

    I appreciate your patience and hope you will extend it further, although I
    know you do not have to respond to what I'm about to query.

    With a man who clearly was unwell, according to your description of his
    condition last week or so, I'm unclear, in fact astounded nobody close to
    him, if not himself (his stubbornness' notwithstanding
    [if applicable]) would take the initiative to have him see a quack or
    admitted to hospital.

    Damn, if I came over with the feeling of weakness and I could exclude, and
    not dismiss the prospect of 'flu' for example, I would hope I would do
    something about it, or hope that those close to me would recognise I was not
    my 'normal' 'healthy' self. <shakes head>

    Look, I don't doubt that events can move relatively quickly, not least we
    all have enough on our plates for various reasons, and that if someone like
    Lee, who appeared to have everything going for him, well liked/connected,
    and a close knit family, even at sixty-one years old, was unable to check
    himself or hopefully rely on others to see something out of the ordinary in
    his demeanour was perhaps amiss, what hope is there for the rest of us?

    Maybe he did just have an unusually effective, yet fatal 'bout' of
    pneumonia - Very strange.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  20. Aingon Atelia (Walt Hodgson)

    Keyser Söze Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in message

    > Keyser Söze <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<>:
    >
    >> Walt Hodgson <"Aingon Atelia" <>> wrote in
    >> message news:9Adkl.4271$%:

    >>> He got steadily worse over the course of about a week and a half,
    >>> then showed some improvement, although he said he was very weak.
    >>> Then Saturday he couldn't stand. Sunday he was gone.

    >> And his illness was what exactly?
    >>

    > Bird flu...
    >
    > It made the jump to sharks...
    >
    > :(

    LOL

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009