    It's only a mild annoyance, but I found it odd enough to post
    about.

    Anyone know what's going on?

    Ryetronics, Mar 4, 2008

  2. Ryetronics

    Rom Guest

    On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:10:19 -0800 (PST), Ryetronics wrote:

    > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 (Build 2008020121) and in the last few
    > weeks I've noticed a blinking cursor will pop up on a webpage wherever
    > I click my mouse. It looks just like a cursor in MS Word, where you
    > can insert text, but obviously you can't on the page. I'll even get a
    > GIGANTIC cursor on the side of a frame that's quite long (i.e., in a
    > forum when clicked on the void space outside the main forum frame).
    >
    > It's only a mild annoyance, but I found it odd enough to post
    > about.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on?

    In Firefox go to Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    --Accessibility--
    [?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages

    The F7 key can turn the Caret Browsing on or off, with an optional
    warning dialog to display or not.

    Also, if you type about:config in the location bar and press Enter,
    then type caret in the filter bar you should see these prefs:

    accessibility.browsewithcaret
    accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret

    The first one is the one above in Options, and second one is for the
    warning dialog to show or not. Double-clicking the prefs to change the
    value, or use Reset on the context menu to get back to the defaults.
    --
    Rom

    Rom, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Ryetronics

    Ryetronics Guest

    On Mar 5, 1:44 am, Rom <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:10:19 -0800 (PST), Ryetronics wrote:
    > > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 (Build 2008020121) and in the last few
    > > weeks I've noticed a blinking cursor will pop up on a webpage wherever
    > > I click my mouse. It looks just like a cursor in MS Word, where you
    > > can insert text, but obviously you can't on the page. I'll even get a
    > > GIGANTIC cursor on the side of a frame that's quite long (i.e., in a
    > > forum when clicked on the void space outside the main forum frame).

    > > It's only a mild annoyance, but I found it odd enough to post
    > > about.

    > > Anyone know what's going on?

    > In Firefox go to Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    > --Accessibility--
    > [?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages
    >
    > The F7 key can turn the Caret Browsing on or off, with an optional
    > warning dialog to display or not.
    >
    > Also, if you type about:config in the location bar and press Enter,
    > then type caret in the filter bar you should see these prefs:
    >
    > accessibility.browsewithcaret
    > accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret
    >
    > The first one is the one above in Options, and second one is for the
    > warning dialog to show or not. Double-clicking the prefs to change the
    > value, or use Reset on the context menu to get back to the defaults.
    > --
    > Rom

    It was the Caret Browsing that needed turning off. Thanks for your
    help!

    Ryetronics, Mar 5, 2008