    motes dancing around are the contributors, the rays momentarily darting out
    from each being the commits they make to the repository.

    Striking bit of work. Nice music, too.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 31, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    On 1/11/2010 12:06 a.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Found this animation giving an overview of the development of Blender 2.5 up
    > to February<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hgF0WFPTpc>.
    >
    > Took me a while to figure out what’s going on: the main structure is the
    > Subversion source repository with all its branches, of course; the little
    > motes dancing around are the contributors, the rays momentarily darting out
    > from each being the commits they make to the repository.
    >
    > Striking bit of work. Nice music, too.

    nice

    There is one of koha as well, in fact if you just search "gource" on
    youtube there are lots of projects visualized.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1a2VN_pec

    (FWIW IIRC at least one koha founder may be a longtime poster on nz.gen)
    victor, Oct 31, 2010

  3. In message <iakttt$rn9$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > ... in fact if you just search "gource" on youtube there are lots of
    > projects visualized.

    I see. He mentioned using Gource, but I thought he did some custom work on
    top of that. Turns out Gource was doing pretty much all the work itself. :)

    Kiwi-developed, too <http://code.google.com/p/gource/>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 1, 2010