Blazing Saddles (spoiler)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Modemac, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Modemac

    Modemac Guest

    I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    rank too high on your "gotta get" list.

    But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    dialogue...

    "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    <unzip>
    "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"

    And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    additional line:

    "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."

    So there you have it.

    --
    The High Weirdness Project
    http://www.modemac.com

    Modemac, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Modemac

    Rev. \Suds\ Guest

    On Sep 19, 10:10 am, Modemac <> wrote:
    > I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    > other day for only $4, so I was happy.  It has an audio commentary by
    > Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    > documentary as part of the special features.  If you're a big fan of
    > DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    > rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
    >
    > But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    > share.  In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    > particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    > refused to keep it in the movie.  It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    > is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage.  She turns
    > out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    > dialogue...
    >
    >      "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    >      <unzip>
    >      "Oooooh, it's twoo!  It's TWOO!  IT'S TWOO!"
    >
    > And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    > additional line:
    >
    >     "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >
    > So there you have it.
    >
    > --
    >                         The High Weirdness Project
    >                          http://www.modemac.com

    "Stampeding cattle."
    "That's not much of a crime."
    "Through the Vatican?"
    "Kinkyyyy."

    Have you seen the pilot for the TV spin-off? Oh sweet **** was it
    painful to watch -- ZERO laugh factor!

    Rev. \Suds\, Sep 19, 2008

  3. Modemac

    Halmyre Guest

    In article <59b49f57-6248-4506-b1c8-
    >, says...
    > I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    > other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    > Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    > documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    > DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    > rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
    >
    > But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    > share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    > particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    > refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    > is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    > out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    > dialogue...
    >
    > "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    > <unzip>
    > "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
    >
    > And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    > additional line:
    >
    > "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >
    > So there you have it.

    I've heard about that line, and, to be honest, I'm glad it was dropped.

    --
    Halmyre

    That's you that is.

    Halmyre, Sep 19, 2008
  4. Once Upon A Time,
    Modemac wrote:

    >But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    >share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    >particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    >refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    >is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    >out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    >dialogue...
    >
    > "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    > <unzip>
    > "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
    >
    >And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    >additional line:
    >
    > "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >
    >So there you have it.

    Great decision to cut it out. That's awful.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, Sep 19, 2008
  5. Modemac

    AnimalMagic Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:55:38 +0100, Halmyre <> wrote:

    >In article <59b49f57-6248-4506-b1c8-
    >>, says...
    >> I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    >> other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    >> Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    >> documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    >> DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    >> rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
    >>
    >> But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    >> share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    >> particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    >> refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    >> is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    >> out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    >> dialogue...
    >>
    >> "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    >> <unzip>
    >> "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
    >>
    >> And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    >> additional line:
    >>
    >> "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >>
    >> So there you have it.
    >>

    >I've heard about that line, and, to be honest, I'm glad it was dropped.

    How twoo. Me too.

    AnimalMagic, Sep 20, 2008
  6. Modemac

    AnimalMagic Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:07:51 -0600, Howard Brazee <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:10:09 -0700 (PDT), Modemac <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    >>other day for only $4, so I was happy.

    >How did that happen? I just saw it in the theaters the other day
    >(about 3 decades ago).

    Then you'll really love the Dick Tracy style wrist mounted cell phones.

    Wake up, little Suzy!

    BTW, stop being a cross-post group adding retarded ****, you stupid
    little bastard.

    AnimalMagic, Sep 20, 2008
  7. Modemac

    Sourpuss Guest

    On Sep 22, 7:37 pm, dgates <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Once Upon A Time,
    > >Modemac wrote:

    > >>But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    > >>share.  In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    > >>particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    > >>refused to keep it in the movie.  It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    > >>is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage.  She turns
    > >>out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    > >>dialogue...

    > >>     "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    > >>     <unzip>
    > >>     "Oooooh, it's twoo!  It's TWOO!  IT'S TWOO!"

    > >>And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    > >>additional line:

    > >>    "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."

    > >>So there you have it.

    > >Great decision to cut it out.  That's awful.

    > I don't know.
    >
    > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
    > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    > guy has a big one.
    >
    > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    > having her make that statement in a darkened room.
    >
    > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.
    >
    > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
    Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

    Sourpuss, Sep 23, 2008
  8. On Sep 22, 8:55 pm, Sourpuss <> wrote:
    > On Sep 22, 7:37 pm, dgates <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity

    > > <> wrote:

    > > >Great decision to cut it out.  That's awful.

    > > I don't know.

    > > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
    > > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    > > guy has a big one.

    > > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    > > having her make that statement in a darkened room.

    > > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    > > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    > > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

    > > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
    > Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

    Beware - it is possible to die of alcohol poisoning.

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 23, 2008
  9. On Sep 22, 11:57 pm, Dave Bell <> wrote:
    > dgates wrote:
    > > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> Great decision to cut it out.  That's awful.

    > > I don't know.

    > > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
    > > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    > > guy has a big one.

    > > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    > > having her make that statement in a darkened room.

    > > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    > > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    > > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

    > I think he's wrong. I was, umm, 28, and still think it was one of
    > Brooks' greatest. Our son first saw it when he was maybe 5, and agrees,
    > so it pretty much spans the generations.
    >
    > > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > Sounds better to me.

    Kneecap?

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 23, 2008
  10. Modemac

    Jim Beaver Guest

    "Dave Bell" <> wrote in message
    > dgates wrote:
    >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Great decision to cut it out. That's awful.

    >> I don't know. It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's
    >> a punchline!
    >> Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    >> guy has a big one.
    >>
    >> That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    >> having her make that statement in a darkened room.
    >>
    >> My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    >> kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    >> judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

    > I think he's wrong. I was, umm, 28, and still think it was one of Brooks'
    > greatest. Our son first saw it when he was maybe 5, and agrees, so it
    > pretty much spans the generations.
    >
    >> P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > Sounds better to me.

    "Arm" fits the comedy math. "Elbow" doesn't. Too many syllables for the
    line.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Sep 23, 2008
  11. On Sep 23, 8:27 pm, "MI Wakefield" <> wrote:
    > "Don Stockbauer" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 22, 8:55 pm, Sourpuss <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 22, 7:37 pm, dgates <> wrote:

    > > > I don't know.

    > > > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
    > > > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    > > > guy has a big one.

    > > > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    > > > having her make that statement in a darkened room.

    > > > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    > > > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    > > > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

    > > > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > > Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
    > > Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

    > Beware - it is possible to die of alcohol poisoning.
    >
    > ------------------
    >
    > "Your liver is a muscle; you have to exercise it." - John Belushi

    That's about like "you keep your heart in good condition because
    someday I'll need it for a transplant."

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 24, 2008
  12. Modemac

    Tony Harding Guest

    dgates wrote:

    <snip>

    > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    That's what I've heard from multiple sources.

    Tony Harding, Sep 24, 2008
  13. Modemac

    Anim8rFSK Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Sourpuss <> wrote:

    > On Sep 22, 7:37 pm, dgates <> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
    > >

    > > <> wrote:

    > > >Great decision to cut it out.  That's awful.

    > > I don't know.
    > >
    > > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
    > > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
    > > guy has a big one.
    > >
    > > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
    > > having her make that statement in a darkened room.
    > >
    > > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
    > > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
    > > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.
    > >
    > > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
    > Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

    Start off with champagne.

    --
    Third root canal - averted.

    Hip Hip Hurrah!

    Anim8rFSK, Sep 24, 2008
  14. Modemac

    just bob Guest

    "Tony Harding" <> wrote in message
    > dgates wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

    > That's what I've heard from multiple sources.

    Elbow is funnier, and it's two syllables so people get it the first time.

    just bob, Sep 24, 2008
  15. Modemac

    just bob Guest

    "Modemac" <> wrote in message
    >I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    > other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    > Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    > documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    > DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    > rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
    >
    > But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    > share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    > particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    > refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    > is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    > out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    > dialogue...
    >
    > "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    > <unzip>
    > "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
    >
    > And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    > additional line:
    >
    > "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >
    > So there you have it.

    Is this also the commentary where he stopped speaking before the movie ends,
    or was that Young Frankenstein? I was pissed he did that!

    just bob, Sep 24, 2008
  16. Modemac

    AnimalMagic Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:28:21 -0700, "just bob" <> wrote:

    >"Modemac" <> wrote in message
    >>I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    >> other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    >> Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    >> documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    >> DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    >> rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
    >>
    >> But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    >> share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    >> particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    >> refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    >> is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    >> out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    >> dialogue...
    >>
    >> "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    >> <unzip>
    >> "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
    >>
    >> And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    >> additional line:
    >>
    >> "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
    >>
    >> So there you have it.

    >Is this also the commentary where he stopped speaking before the movie ends,
    >or was that Young Frankenstein? I was pissed he did that!

    Blucher!

    AnimalMagic, Sep 24, 2008