    My DVD collection:
    http://www.geocities.com/nmzdfilms/dvdlibrary.html

    Noise is a byproduct of inefficiency.

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Meng Guest

    > The commentary track by Mel Brooks on the 30th Anniversary Edition of
    > Blazing Saddles is listed on the case as being scene-specific.
    >
    > Well, I finally got a chance to listen to it last night and it isn't
    > scene-specific by any stretch of the imagination. It's mainly just Mel's
    > general ramblings about the writing and casting of the film.
    >
    > The track also ends suddenly in less than an hour.

    Sounds like the same track as the original release.

    Love this film, so do the deleted scenes and the other extras make it worth
    me replacing my current copy?

    "Scuse me while I whip this out!"

    "But where would I find such a man? Why am I asking you?"

    "Oh it's twue. It's twue. It's twue it's twue it's TWUE!!!!"."

    "You use your tongue prettier than a 20-dollar whore!"

    Meng, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Meng wrote:

    "Love this film, so do the deleted scenes and the other extras make it
    worth me replacing my current copy?"

    Well, the Black Bart pilot episode is pretty bad and the deleted scenes
    aren't terrible but were all obviously deleted for a reason.

    On the positive side:

    -The transfer is slightly better.

    -The 5.1 remix opens up the soundtrack.

    - The retrospective interviews are interesting just to see some of the
    cast members as they look now.

    -The disc is fairly inexpensive.

    If you're a fan, it's definitely worth purchasing.

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Meng wrote:

    "Sounds like the same track as the original release."

    Affirmative. I just listened again to what is credited on the original
    DVD release as a "new, exclusive 55-minute interview with Mel Brooks"
    and it is exactly the same as the "scene-specific commentary" on the
    30th Anniversary disc.

    Shame on you, Warner Brothers!

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    JWB Guest

    "Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby" <> wrote in message
    > Meng wrote:
    >
    > "Love this film, so do the deleted scenes and the other extras make it
    > worth me replacing my current copy?"
    >
    > Well, the Black Bart pilot episode is pretty bad and the deleted scenes
    > aren't terrible but were all obviously deleted for a reason.
    >
    > On the positive side:
    >
    > -The transfer is slightly better.
    >
    > -The 5.1 remix opens up the soundtrack.
    >
    > - The retrospective interviews are interesting just to see some of the
    > cast members as they look now.
    >
    > -The disc is fairly inexpensive.
    >
    > If you're a fan, it's definitely worth purchasing.

    One more question, if you don't mind... are the deleted scenes the same ones
    that sometimes show up when the movie plays on certain television stations?
    Meaning the multiple Bart / Mongo scenes (not just the exploding candy) and
    Brooks' character actually going to the "dummy" town?

    JWB, Jul 5, 2004
  6. (JWB) wrote:

    "One more question, if you don't mind... are the deleted scenes the same
    ones that sometimes show up when the movie plays on certain television
    stations?"

    The scenes are:

    -alternative campfire scene with sound effects removed.

    -two deleted Sheriff Bart vs. Mongo scenes.

    -an extended intro for the Lily Von Schtupp musical scene.

    -an extended chase scene with Sheriff Bart and The Waco Kid in the Klan
    outfits ending at a baptism.

    -alternate prayer scene ("whistling Dixie" instead of "jerking off")

    -alternate toll gate scene("load" of dimes instead of "shitload")

    -deleted Gov. LePetomane at the fake Rock Ridge scene.

    -deleted scene at the attempted destruction of the fake Rock Ridge with
    some German dialogue from Lily Von Shtupp being translated into
    authentic frontier gibberish.

    HTH!

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 5, 2004
  7. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    > (JWB) wrote:
    >
    > "One more question, if you don't mind... are the deleted scenes the same
    > ones that sometimes show up when the movie plays on certain television
    > stations?"
    >
    > The scenes are:
    >
    > -alternative campfire scene with sound effects removed.
    >
    > -two deleted Sheriff Bart vs. Mongo scenes.
    >
    > -an extended intro for the Lily Von Schtupp musical scene.
    >
    > -an extended chase scene with Sheriff Bart and The Waco Kid in the Klan
    > outfits ending at a baptism.
    >
    > -alternate prayer scene ("whistling Dixie" instead of "jerking off")
    >
    > -alternate toll gate scene("load" of dimes instead of "shitload")
    >
    > -deleted Gov. LePetomane at the fake Rock Ridge scene.
    >
    > -deleted scene at the attempted destruction of the fake Rock Ridge with
    > some German dialogue from Lily Von Shtupp being translated into
    > authentic frontier gibberish.

    Those are the scenes. I'll be picking this one up.

    JWB, Jul 5, 2004
  8. (Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby) wrote in message news:<>...
    > The commentary track by Mel Brooks on the 30th Anniversary Edition of
    > Blazing Saddles is listed on the case as being scene-specific.
    >
    > Well, I finally got a chance to listen to it last night and it isn't
    > scene-specific by any stretch of the imagination. It's mainly just Mel's
    > general ramblings about the writing and casting of the film.
    >
    > The track also ends suddenly in less than an hour.

    I haven't heard it yet but the Blazing Saddles commentary track was
    probably lifted from the laserdisc edition, just like the Spaceballs
    one was. When you say the track ends suddenly does it just drop out
    or is there a conclusion? If it just drops out then that's a clue
    it's from the laserdisc as the dvd authors forgot to include the
    remaining track from side 2 of the laserdisc.

    Joseph Phillips, Jul 5, 2004
  9. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Bill Guest

    > I haven't heard it yet but the Blazing Saddles commentary track was
    > probably lifted from the laserdisc edition, just like the Spaceballs
    > one was. When you say the track ends suddenly does it just drop out
    > or is there a conclusion? If it just drops out then that's a clue
    > it's from the laserdisc as the dvd authors forgot to include the
    > remaining track from side 2 of the laserdisc.

    There's a conclusion, in a manner of speaking, but it isn't a true running
    commentary track, as the new DVD cover would lead one to believe. It's
    simply Mel Brooks discussing the creation, casting, writing, etc. of
    "Blazing Saddles," and it is indeed the same track that was included on the
    original DVD release of the film.

    The documentaries and the inclusion of the scenes aired only on the TV
    version of the film (available as supplemental material, not editing into
    the movie itself) more than justified the purchase price for me, though

    Bill, Jul 5, 2004
  10. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby" <> wrote in
    alt.video.dvd:
    >The commentary track by Mel Brooks on the 30th Anniversary Edition of
    >Blazing Saddles is listed on the case as being scene-specific.
    >
    >Well, I finally got a chance to listen to it last night and it isn't
    >scene-specific by any stretch of the imagination. It's mainly just Mel's
    >general ramblings about the writing and casting of the film.
    >
    >The track also ends suddenly in less than an hour.

    Sounds like you got a bad disk. That's exactly how the original
    edition's commentary went.

    It was interesting, but by no stretch of the imagination a
    "commentary". It would have been easier to listen to if there was no
    video along with it. (The Wizard of Oz disc did this with a radio
    show that was one of the bonus features: there was no motion video,
    just some WoO-related still photo.)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Jul 6, 2004
  11. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Guest

    On a tv show Mel Brooks said they made him take out a line which was so
    good.

    "Is it true what they say about black men" Lights go out and she says
    "its true its true".

    The line taken out is "lady your sucking on my elbow".

    , Jul 6, 2004
  12. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Stan Brown Guest

    "" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >On a tv show Mel Brooks said they made him take out a line which was so
    >good.
    >
    >"Is it true what they say about black men" Lights go out and she says
    >"its true its true".
    >
    >The line taken out is "lady your sucking on my elbow".

    I think the scene is _much_ stronger without that line.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Jul 7, 2004
  13. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Guest

    With an anything goes comedy like Blazing Saddles I dont know if I look
    for strong scenes. I just want to laugh and that line really made me
    laugh. I thought it was very original.

    , Jul 7, 2004
  14. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Bill Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > With an anything goes comedy like Blazing Saddles I dont know if I look
    > for strong scenes. I just want to laugh and that line really made me
    > laugh. I thought it was very original.

    Same here. I wasn't aware of that line until looking at a documentary on the
    new "Blazing Saddles" DVD on Monday. Mel Brooks described the "I hate to
    disappoint you, but you're sucking on my arm" line that was originally
    supposed to end that scene, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

    Bill, Jul 7, 2004
  15. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    ><> wrote in message
    >> With an anything goes comedy like Blazing Saddles I dont know if I look
    >> for strong scenes. I just want to laugh and that line really made me
    >> laugh. I thought it was very original.
    >>

    >Same here. I wasn't aware of that line until looking at a documentary on the
    >new "Blazing Saddles" DVD on Monday. Mel Brooks described the "I hate to
    >disappoint you, but you're sucking on my arm" line that was originally
    >supposed to end that scene, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

    That's a better line than the one "camroy" posted.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Jul 7, 2004
  16. (Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby) wrote in news:22419-
    :

    > The commentary track by Mel Brooks on the 30th Anniversary Edition of
    > Blazing Saddles is listed on the case as being scene-specific.
    >
    > Well, I finally got a chance to listen to it last night and it isn't
    > scene-specific by any stretch of the imagination. It's mainly just Mel's
    > general ramblings about the writing and casting of the film.
    >
    > The track also ends suddenly in less than an hour.

    Amazingly, there are some points where he is, in fact, talking about
    what's on the screen. Luck, I suppose.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.Daily-Reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Jul 8, 2004
  17. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Shinner Guest

    (Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby) wrote in news:29643-
    :

    > Well, the Black Bart pilot episode is pretty bad and the deleted scenes
    > aren't terrible but were all obviously deleted for a reason.

    are the scenes from the TV version included?

    Shinner, Jul 11, 2004
  18. (Shinner) wrote:

    "are the scenes from the TV version included?"

    There are scenes from the TV version included. Read all the posts in
    this thread. In one of them I described all the extra scenes included on
    the DVD.

    HTH!

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, Jul 11, 2004
  19. Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby

    Shinner Guest

    (Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby) wrote in news:26771-
    :

    > There are scenes from the TV version included. Read all the posts in
    > this thread. In one of them I described all the extra scenes included on
    > the DVD.

    yeah, thanks....I did keep reading after posting my msg. Doh! Posted too
    quick.

    Shinner, Jul 11, 2004