    Owl Jolson Guest

    Has this edition been PC'd down or did Mel leave the original footage (and
    language) intact?

    Owl Jolson, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Owl Jolson

    Meng Guest

    Owl Jolson wrote:

    > Has this edition been PC'd down or did Mel leave the original footage (and
    > language) intact?

    I've got it and didn't notice any changes. If you PC edited Blazing Saddles
    there'd only be about five minutes left!

    Meng, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Owl Jolson

    Bill Guest

    This is the original theatrical cut of Blazing Saddles, unedited, in all of
    its hilarious and offensive glory...I don't think Mel Brooks would have had
    it any other way. : )

    As an added bonus, additional scenes that were included only on the
    broadcast TV version are available as extras.

    Bill, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Owl Jolson

    Magpie13 Guest

    The TV edit of Blazing saddles is pretty funny. The language substitutions
    and edits are hilarious unto themselves.

    The opening sequense with all the fart noises cut out is priceless!

    Marq

    Magpie13, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Owl Jolson

    Bill Guest

    "Magpie13" <> wrote in message
    > The TV edit of Blazing saddles is pretty funny. The language substitutions
    > and edits are hilarious unto themselves.
    >
    > The opening sequense with all the fart noises cut out is priceless!
    >
    > Marq

    I love some of the scenes in the TV version, particularly "The Gov's" visit
    to the fake Rock Ridge ("Sir, these people are dummies!" "Of course they
    are! How do you think I got elected?!")

    Bill, Oct 27, 2004
  6. "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has this edition been PC'd down or did Mel leave the original footage (and
    > language) intact?

    I have no idea, but they ran the film last weekend at 11:45pm on the CBC
    here in Canada. The campfire scene was there, and there were a number
    of things where I kept thinking "I can't believe they are airing that"
    so it would seem to be the original version. I saw it when it first
    came out, but it's been a long time, and I'm not sure I've seen it
    in a theatre since.

    The CBC is running films instead of hockey on Saturday nights, and
    they've got one of the hockey announcers talking between films. He
    made a comment about how it wouldn't air in the US, in effect saying
    that only in Canada would the original be aired on network tv.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Owl Jolson

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Michael
    Black <> wrote:

    > "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    > > Has this edition been PC'd down or did Mel leave the original footage (and
    > > language) intact?

    > I have no idea, but they ran the film last weekend at 11:45pm on the CBC
    > here in Canada. The campfire scene was there, and there were a number
    > of things where I kept thinking "I can't believe they are airing that"
    > so it would seem to be the original version. I saw it when it first
    > came out, but it's been a long time, and I'm not sure I've seen it
    > in a theatre since.
    >
    > The CBC is running films instead of hockey on Saturday nights, and
    > they've got one of the hockey announcers talking between films. He
    > made a comment about how it wouldn't air in the US, in effect saying
    > that only in Canada would the original be aired on network tv.

    But does he mention that many books and magazines published in the US
    are stopped at the Canadian border? :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 28, 2004