    Scanned for viruses with AVG - no viruses found
    Updated windose (XP Home - crap), and IE ... did not help

    Any help will be appreciated!
    eager, Jan 7, 2007

  2. eager

    Todd H. Guest

    "eager" <> writes:

    > I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG
    > Since then, I cannot get my messages using webmail or Hotmail
    > I get a blank webpage with "done" on the status bar.
    > I can go to google or other websites if I type the URL in the address bar.
    >
    > Scanned for viruses with AVG - no viruses found
    > Updated windose (XP Home - crap), and IE ... did not help
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated!

    check web browser proxy settings perhaps?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Jan 7, 2007

  3. get norton back

    Jeferson Propheta, Jan 10, 2007
  4. eager

    eager Guest

    "Jeferson Propheta" <> wrote in message
    > get norton back

    I hate Norton with passion.
    Used another computer, went online, downloaded the Norton Removal tool and
    ...... the problem is finally fixed.
    Uninstalling Norton the same way as any other program out there, caused my
    head ache. Norton fucks up the registry.
    One more reason to hate Norton with passion!!
    I wish I was smart enough to avoid windoze totally and not to deal with
    registry issues.
    eager, Jan 13, 2007