    What happended?

    Thanks
    tino

    teak, Jun 2, 2004

  2. "teak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
    > blank-Nothing-NADA.
    > I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.
    > The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
    > screen.
    >
    > What happended?
    >
    > Thanks
    > tino

    Did you check the obvious? Monitor, video card, etc? Do you hear any beeps
    when it starts up (i.e. does it even go into POST)?

    Patrick Michael, Jun 2, 2004

  3. On 2 Jun 2004 11:51:28 -0700, (teak) wrote:

    >I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
    >blank-Nothing-NADA.
    >I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.

    What do you mean by this statement?

    >The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
    >screen.
    >
    >What happended?

    What beep codes do you hear, if any?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 2, 2004
  4. teak

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "teak" <> wrote in message
    >I built my own system. It worked for ten minutes and now the screen is
    > blank-Nothing-NADA.
    > I tried my system on several other computers-still blank screen NADA.
    > The FTC and IDEs are all right-I would love this system if I could get
    > screen.
    >
    > What happended?
    >
    > Thanks
    > tino

    When you built your own system, did you bother to buy a cheap system
    speaker? I once thought it wasn't very important, and I still don't think
    so.... unless you don't see anything on the screen!! Invest in a $2 speaker.
    If it doesn't beep once, you know you might have a problem. Find out who
    made the BIOS and then search online for known "beep codes" by that
    manufacturor

    PlazticSoul, Jun 3, 2004