    Many thanks in advance.
    Sam

    , Jul 3, 2007

  2. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > The other day I left my computer downloading via Azereus bitorrent
    > software. All was fine. Came back a few hours later to find a blank
    > screen. It has blank ever since. I can not get a hint of graphics from
    > the computer.
    >
    > The monitor is fine. I unplugged it from the computer and it
    > immediately asked me to check signal cable. I tried my laptop in the
    > monitor and it was fine.
    >
    > I have just swapped graphics cards but still nothing.
    >
    > Not really sure what else to try. Please help. Thanks.
    >
    > I am (was) running an AMD 1800 XP processor with XP Pro, 1gb RAM and a
    > Asus A7V8X-X motherboard.

    Is the computer even starting up correctly? What do you know is happening
    when you turn on the PC - do the fans turn? Does the hard drive spin up? Do
    you get any beeps? Any lights on the computer case or keyboard? Provide a
    WHOLE bunch more details, you'll get a whole lot more (hopefully)
    intelligent replies.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:18:31 -0700, samwap wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > The other day I left my computer downloading via Azereus bitorrent
    > software. All was fine. Came back a few hours later to find a blank
    > screen. It has blank ever since. I can not get a hint of graphics from
    > the computer.
    >
    > The monitor is fine. I unplugged it from the computer and it
    > immediately asked me to check signal cable. I tried my laptop in the
    > monitor and it was fine.
    >
    > I have just swapped graphics cards but still nothing.
    >
    > Not really sure what else to try. Please help. Thanks.
    >
    > I am (was) running an AMD 1800 XP processor with XP Pro, 1gb RAM and a
    > Asus A7V8X-X motherboard.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    > Sam

    So when you start up do you get any text from the POST/BIOS?

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 3, 2007
  4. Guest

    i get absolutely nothing from the display on start up but the fans do
    start and the green on light comes on. I dont get beeps either
    thinking about it.

    , Jul 3, 2007
  5. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > i get absolutely nothing from the display on start up but the fans do
    > start and the green on light comes on. I dont get beeps either
    > thinking about it.

    10 to 9 your CPU fan is clogged up with dust.

    --
    Your mother was an obese leviathan who wrote trashy novels in an old sewage
    works.

    John Holmes, Jul 3, 2007
  6. medion.uk Guest

    reset the cmos if that dont work format the pc

    medion.uk, Jul 4, 2007