    an answer Googling.

    To reply via email, remove the "CRAP"
    , Nov 10, 2003

  2. SoCal Tom Guest

    <> wrote
    > When I'm on the Internet and click on a something that causes a
    > separate window to open the new window opens but the screen is blank.

    It is possible that you do not have ActiveX installed or activated. Some
    sites use it; but you should get a "can not display page properly"
    indication when linking to the new page.
    --
    SoCal Tom
    SoCal Tom, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Guest

    I do not get a "cannot display page properly" message. The screen and
    address bar are blank.

    I will check about ActiveX.

    RXP

    -----

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:02:31 GMT, "SoCal Tom" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote
    >> When I'm on the Internet and click on a something that causes a
    >> separate window to open the new window opens but the screen is blank.

    >It is possible that you do not have ActiveX installed or activated. Some
    >sites use it; but you should get a "can not display page properly"
    >indication when linking to the new page.
    >--
    >SoCal Tom

    , Nov 10, 2003
  4. BC Guest

    i think wot u need to do is go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    and follow the instructions.
    I think this will solve the problem u'r having. I had it too, it comes on
    for no apparent reason, it cud be down to many things, prob plugins being
    installed and so on.
    try it anyway...

    BC, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Guest

    Thank you BC and the other people that replied. I followed
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679 and that fixed the problem.

    RXP

    -----

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:11:53 -0000, "BC" <>
    wrote:

    >i think wot u need to do is go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    >and follow the instructions.
    >I think this will solve the problem u'r having. I had it too, it comes on
    >for no apparent reason, it cud be down to many things, prob plugins being
    >installed and so on.
    >try it anyway...
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> When I'm on the Internet and click on a something that causes a
    >> separate window to open the new window opens but the screen is blank.
    >> For example, when I click on the QuickVote on the home page at
    >> http://www.cnn.com or on the links at the bottom for Time magazine and
    >> Fortune.
    >>
    >> I have XP Professional. My AVG, Spybot, Spy Blaster, Ad Aware and MS
    >> updates are up-to-date and my start up contains just 4 items and I
    >> know what they are. I've done the usual defrag, scandisk, clean out
    >> temp files, reboot. I've used Ad Shield since installing XP in
    >> February and have very very few problems with pop-ups. Couldn't find
    >> an answer Googling.
    >>

    >> To reply via email, remove the "CRAP"

    , Nov 10, 2003
  6. UnaNoch3

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Thanx mate, even 4 years after you posted this solution, it is still able to help me.

    UnaNoch3, Aug 16, 2007