    screen. The first thing that comes up is the choice of entering Windows XP,
    Recovery Console or Safe Mode. What has caused this ?
    Derek.

    Derek F, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Derek F

    JWooden271 Guest

    Windows XP was not shut down properly. (did you manually press the
    on/off swich?!?)

    In most cases, you can simply select normal boot and wverything will be
    ok. If you have some kind of driver/software problem, select Safe Mode.

    JWooden271, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    "JWooden271" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP was not shut down properly. (did you manually press the
    > on/off swich?!?)
    >
    > In most cases, you can simply select normal boot and wverything will be
    > ok. If you have some kind of driver/software problem, select Safe Mode.
    >
    > Derek F wrote:
    > > When I turn on or reboot my computer no diagnostics appear on the
    > > screen. The first thing that comes up is the choice of entering Windows

    XP,
    > > Recovery Console or Safe Mode. What has caused this ?
    > > Derek.

    I did not manually press the on/off switch but the computer has been turned
    off a few times during the preceeding days when I fitted a new graphics card
    and then a DVD writer.
    I did not find any problems in safe mode. I do not find an option with the
    option "select normal boot"
    Derek.

    Derek F, Feb 14, 2004