    Is this a security 'feature'? It's starting to drive me crazy. Anyone got
    a clue?

    Does the link work for you while running IE 7 on x64 WinXP pro?
    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=, May 11, 2007

  2. First question is - which version of IE7? 32-bit, or 64-bit? If it's the
    64-bit version of IE7, I'd suggest running the 32-bit. Some pages just don't
    work on a 64-bit browser.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2007

  3. First answer then.

    The blank page is returned for both the 32 and the 64 bit versions.

    When YOU (Charlie:) surf to the page using your WinXP x64 IE 7 do you get a
    blank page!?!

    Does anyone else get a blank page or am I the only one? I'd really like to
    know!

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=, May 13, 2007
  4. I do not get a blank page at that link. I get the expected Symantec page,
    fully populated. I am using IE7 on XP Pro x64.

    --
    Colin Barnhorst
    MVP Virtual Machine

    Colin Barnhorst, May 13, 2007
  5. I don't surf to pages that some one posts. Honestly and dead seriously. And
    since I wouldn't touch a symantec product with a 10-foot pole, I'll never
    have cause to go to that page on my own.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2007
  6. You should be able to cut and paste the text of the link into your browser.

    And, if you are paranoid, your can whois the ip after doing a ping (and do a
    tracert for good measure). You could even report it to with IE for
    "phishing" verification <chuckle>

    Here is another web address that does not render because of some redirect
    problem with IE 7 (32 & 64) on WinXP x64.

    http://www.vanguard.com/ (yes the VanGuard Fund website)

    You are losing an opportunity to either help discover an exploited
    vulnerability in this product or a bug report that would help out a bunch of
    users.

    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

    I think I'll come here and post website after website that renders a blank
    by IE 7 on WinXP x64 if for nothing else other than fun.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=, May 15, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You already got helped by Colin. The link comes up fine on his and my
    browser. Now you want to get on everybody's kill list. Go ahead.

    John Barnes, May 15, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=

    Theo Guest

    You really sound like a spoiled brat that isn't getting
    his/her way. Why don't you act like a rational adult and
    recognize that you apparently have a unique situation with
    your system. I have been using Win x64 for over 3 years now
    and I am not having the symptoms your cite.

    There is something wrong on your computer that you will have
    to try and figure out.

    What is your complete and accurate hardware configuration;
    motherboard, video card, other cards, hard drives, USB
    devices, optical drives, etc?

    What software have you installed recently?

    Theo, May 15, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=

    Theo Guest

    P.S.

    I currently have 4 browsers in x64 and all 4 display the
    link below. I have IE 64, IE 32, Firefox 32, and Firefox 64
    - they all work!

    Theo, May 15, 2007
  10. To which I can add the MSN9.5 browser as well.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 15, 2007
  11. For anyone who is interested.

    It was as stated by someone else. If you surf in an administrators context
    using IE7 and you go to a webpage with a redirect IE 7 will render a blank
    web page.

    If you change your security context to power user or user and surf to that
    same web page with a redirect it will render appropriately.

    This behavior is evident in x64 but not in the 32 bit version of WinXP pro.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2U=?=, May 15, 2007