    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.
    (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
    John, Apr 7, 2005

  2. John

    Roland Guest

    On 7-4-2005 23:35, John wrote:

    > With Netscape, I could have a home page specified, but on opening the browser it
    > would give a blank page until I clicked on "home".
    > This feature does not seem to work in Firefox.
    >
    > Is there an extension or something else which enables that feature?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John <><
    >
    > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    > with an other monkey's monkey.
    > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

    Type
    about:config
    in the addressbar and change the value of
    browser.startup.page
    Meaning of possible values of this preferences:
    0: Blank
    1: Home (a.k.a. browser.startup.homepage)
    2: Last (probably does not work in Firefox)
    See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Apr 7, 2005

  3. I am using Moz for reference, but it should be about the same.

    Go to edit>preference, and in the navigator preferences (which should
    comme up first) you will see a pull-down tab that might say "display on
    radio button below that that says "blank page", the effect is produced
    poly-p man
    Poly-poly man, Apr 7, 2005
  4. John

    Roland Guest

    On 8-4-2005 0:08, Poly-poly man wrote:

    > I am using Moz for reference, but it should be about the same.
    >
    > Go to edit>preference, and in the navigator preferences (which should
    > comme up first) you will see a pull-down tab that might say "display on
    > radio button below that that says "blank page", the effect is produced
    > poly-p man

    Well that's the problem with Firefox, it has no widget in the options
    dialog to configure it. It can be done with about:config, though.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Apr 7, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:02:09 +0200, Roland <> wrote:

    >On 7-4-2005 23:35, John wrote:
    >
    >> With Netscape, I could have a home page specified, but on opening the browser it
    >> would give a blank page until I clicked on "home".
    >> This feature does not seem to work in Firefox.
    >>
    >> Is there an extension or something else which enables that feature?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> John <><
    >>
    >> A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    >> with an other monkey's monkey.
    >> (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

    >Type
    > about:config
    >in the addressbar and change the value of
    > browser.startup.page
    > 0
    >Meaning of possible values of this preferences:
    >0: Blank
    >1: Home (a.k.a. browser.startup.homepage)
    >2: Last (probably does not work in Firefox)
    >See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A>

    Thanks, Roland - works like a charm!

    John <><

    John, Apr 8, 2005
  6. John

    lacunae Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:02:09 +0200, Roland wrote:

    > Type
    > about:config
    > in the addressbar and change the value of
    > browser.startup.page
    > 0
    > Meaning of possible values of this preferences:
    > 0: Blank
    > 1: Home (a.k.a. browser.startup.homepage)
    > 2: Last (probably does not work in Firefox)
    > See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A>

    Option 2 seems to work fine in Firefox 1.0 (linux) and 1.0.2 (windows)
    it would be nice if there was an option that would reopen a set of tabs
    or all the tabs that were there (like a "Last tabs" function)
    the latter is probably more useful to add, since you can already bookmark
    and open a set of tabs. being able to start up with "last tabs" would be
    useful in situations where you shut down the browser (or computer)
    without bookmarking a set and then realise that you werent quite done
    looking at them.
    lacunae, Apr 11, 2005
  7. John

    Justin Guest

    lacunae wrote on [Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:15:06 -0500]:
    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:02:09 +0200, Roland wrote:
    >

    >> Type
    >> about:config
    >> in the addressbar and change the value of
    >> browser.startup.page
    >> 0
    >> Meaning of possible values of this preferences:
    >> 0: Blank
    >> 1: Home (a.k.a. browser.startup.homepage)
    >> 2: Last (probably does not work in Firefox)
    >> See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A>

    > Option 2 seems to work fine in Firefox 1.0 (linux) and 1.0.2 (windows)
    > it would be nice if there was an option that would reopen a set of tabs
    > or all the tabs that were there (like a "Last tabs" function)
    > the latter is probably more useful to add, since you can already bookmark
    > and open a set of tabs. being able to start up with "last tabs" would be
    > useful in situations where you shut down the browser (or computer)
    > without bookmarking a set and then realise that you werent quite done
    > looking at them.

    checkout the session saver extension
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sessionsaver
    Justin, Apr 13, 2005