    Anybody else notice these strange blank emails?

    Outlook doesn't seem to be able to define a rule to zap blank emails...
    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. warpsix Guest

    wrote:
    > I've got Outlook 2003 on an XP-64 machine. Each day, a half dozen or
    > so blank emails reach my inbox. That's no From, To, Subject, or
    > Content.
    >
    > Other than that, Outlook (and the rest of Office 2003) seems to be
    > working fine.
    >
    > Anybody else notice these strange blank emails?
    >
    > Outlook doesn't seem to be able to define a rule to zap blank emails...

    yes it also happens with thunderbird
    warpsix, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Hi,

    I have not experienced that problem with outlook 2003 service pack
    2.

    Ken
    ---------------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Nov 2, 2005
  4. You have latest Service Pack for Office 2003 installed? Try that:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...97-2DB6-4654-9DB6-EC7D5B4DD867&displaylang=en

    Also try doing a Detect and Repair from the Help Menu to see if it fixes the
    problem.
    microsoft.public.office.misc
    microsoft.public.outlook
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 2, 2005
  5. Larry Guest

    I'm getting blank emails as well. Office 2000, no use of Outlook, only
    outlook express.

    Larry

    Larry, Nov 2, 2005
  6. Have you install SP3 for Office 2000 to see if it corrects the problem:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-47d0-4306-9fa4-8e92d36332fe&displaylang=en

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 2, 2005
  7. t Guest

    I dont have this problem but I do have a problem with Outlook Express. The
    problem is that the spell check does not work and I cant save my messages or
    address book so to put it on another computer.
    Any help will be good at this point.

    t, Nov 3, 2005
  8. Thats because the Office spell checker is 32-bit and Outlook Express is
    64-bit, you have wait until Office has native 64 bit version.

    Charlie Russel also wrote:
    Known issue, simple answer: OE is a 64-bit program. Office is 32-bit. 64-bit
    programs can't call 32-bit dlls, and 32-bit programs can't call 64-bit dlls,
    so no spell checking until there is a 64-bit version of Office. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 3, 2005
  9. Guest

    > u have latest Service Pack for Office 2003 installed? Try that:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57E27A97-2DB...

    I tried the SP. Am still getting the blank email. I just tried the
    repair. Let's see if that works.

    BTW: I don't know if it's relevant, but the headers show that the
    emails seem to be coming from overseas...

    Also, the following headers seem to be in all the blank emails:
  10. This is a very widespread problem. Comcast has an article in their cable
    forum explaining the problem and their steps to stop them. They seem to be
    coming from Japan and Canada. If you check them out and follow the IP number
    you'll find out they are links to porn sites.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVhbCBhdCBTcGVjdGRhciBDb21wdXRpbmc=?=, Nov 4, 2005