    rest of the album?
    I am a computer dunce so please make any response as simple as possible.
    Thanks for you help. John
    John, Nov 6, 2004

  2. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:Nbjd.38787$...
    |I just bought some blank CDs. The package is maked "CD-R". I am now
    having
    | difficulty downloading onto one of these disks. For example: as a test
    case
    | I tried download some music I copied to my hard drive from one of my CDs.
    | The first two pieces were downloaded but then the PC stopped and gave me a
    | message to the effect that I could not download at the current speed
    | (whatever that means). Now, if two selections downloaded OK why not the
    | rest of the album?
    | I am a computer dunce so please make any response as simple as possible.
    | Thanks for you help. John

    Is this the first time you have used this brand of discs? Is the speed
    correct for your model of CD writer? By the way, what brand are they, what
    software are you using, what kind of CD burner, what operating system, etc.
    It's pretty hard to GUESS all those things...
    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    My ignorance always shows. I'll try to answer these questions:
    This is the first time I've used any type of CD.
    I don't know how to determine the speed.
    Brand: Maxell
    Don't know the brand of the burner. It came with the PC, an IBM
    Software: Windows Media Player?
    Operating System: Windows XP Home
    John

    John, Nov 6, 2004
  4. John

    Ted Hamilton Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > My ignorance always shows. I'll try to answer these questions:
    > This is the first time I've used any type of CD.
    > I don't know how to determine the speed.
    > Brand: Maxell
    > Don't know the brand of the burner. It came with the PC, an IBM
    > Software: Windows Media Player?
    > Operating System: Windows XP Home
    > John
    >
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > "John" <> wrote in message
    > > |I just bought some blank CDs. The package is maked "CD-R". I am now
    > > having
    > > | difficulty downloading onto one of these disks. For example: as a test
    > > case
    > > | I tried download some music I copied to my hard drive from one of my
    > > CDs.
    > > | The first two pieces were downloaded but then the PC stopped and gave

    me
    > > | message to the effect that I could not download at the current speed
    > > | (whatever that means). Now, if two selections downloaded OK why not

    the
    > > | rest of the album?
    > > | I am a computer dunce so please make any response as simple as

    possible.
    > > | Thanks for you help. John
    > > |

    > > Is this the first time you have used this brand of discs? Is the speed
    > > correct for your model of CD writer? By the way, what brand are they,

    what
    > > software are you using, what kind of CD burner, what operating system,
    > > etc.
    > > It's pretty hard to GUESS all those things...

    John, many cheap brands of CD-ROMs on the market today are very
    slown writing --but fast reading-- ones, on some the speeds are printed as:
    1x-52x
    Your CD writer's buffering cannot cope at such low speeds and overloads the
    info,
    and the writer then cuts out, without you being able to continue writing to
    that
    particular CD.
    Try to get some better quality CD-ROMs, with proven 8x writing speeds,
    they may cost you a few cents more and use the 1x for copying music CDs
    Ted
    Ted Hamilton, Nov 7, 2004