    they have it on sale next week, for the actual release date, I will have
    them give me the difference back. Now I will see if this was worth the big
    delays.

    Bob Bohling, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Bob Bohling

    Bill's News Guest

    "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437(noSpamallowed)@comcast.net> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I was just at Best Buy and bought BladeRunner: 5-Disk Complete
    >Collector's Edition on BluRay for $34.99. Somebody goofed up
    >and put the BluRays out. The SD and HD-DVD versions were not on
    >the shelf, nor any of the Ultimate sets, which I wasn't going
    >to get anyway. Went on and bought it and when they have it on
    >sale next week, for the actual release date, I will have them
    >give me the difference back. Now I will see if this was worth
    >the big delays.

    I've ignored this release simply because, from what I've read in
    the specs, the director's cut is alone on one disc while the
    theater release shares space with two other versions on another
    disc. I'd appreciate your feedback on this, after you've had
    time to explore.

    Bill's News, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Bob Bohling

    Bob Bohling Guest

    "Bill's News" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437(noSpamallowed)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>I was just at Best Buy and bought BladeRunner: 5-Disk Complete Collector's
    >>Edition on BluRay for $34.99. Somebody goofed up and put the BluRays out.
    >>The SD and HD-DVD versions were not on the shelf, nor any of the Ultimate
    >>sets, which I wasn't going to get anyway. Went on and bought it and when
    >>they have it on sale next week, for the actual release date, I will have
    >>them give me the difference back. Now I will see if this was worth the
    >>big delays.

    > I've ignored this release simply because, from what I've read in the
    > specs, the director's cut is alone on one disc while the theater release
    > shares space with two other versions on another disc. I'd appreciate your
    > feedback on this, after you've had time to explore.

    I have done some looking around and this is what is on the set (this is the
    five disk set, not the brief case set).

    Disc 1:
    The Final Cut (2007) in 1080P
    This looks and sounds great. Can't believe it is a 25 year old movie. I
    was much more impressed with this disk than with the new Harry Potter, which
    I also picked up this week. The lighting, shading and color looks great. I
    just got my player, so I only have three titles - so far :(

    Disc 2:
    Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner - in Standard Definition
    Detailed disk of...well the title speaks for itself.
    Everything I did and didn't want to know about the movie. Looks SD.

    Disc 3:
    U.S Theatrical Cut (1982)
    International Theatrical Cut (1982)
    Director's Cut (1992)
    All in 1080P and described as: All Seamlessly Branched and Separately
    Available on On Disc with Introductions to Each by Ridley Scott.

    I have jumped around on this disk, but very little. Looks good.

    Disc 4:
    Enhancement Archive - In Standard Definition

    Inception
    The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick
    Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. the Film
    Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews

    Fabrication
    Signs of the Times: Graphic Design
    Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling
    Screen Tests: Rachael and Pris
    The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth
    Deleted & Alternate Scenes

    Disc 4:
    Enhancement Archive (continued)

    1982 Promotional Featurettes
    On the Set
    Convention Reel
    Behind-the-Scenes Outtakes

    Trailers
    1981 Teaser Trail
    1982 Theatrical Trailer
    1982 TV Spot
    1992 Director's Cut Trailer
    2007 Dangerous Days Teaser Trailer
    2007 Final Cut Trailer

    Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art
    Deck-a-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard
    Nexus Generation: Fans and Filmmakers

    Disc 5:
    Workprint - In 1080P
    The first-ever home video release of the rarely seen pre-release Workprint,
    featuring alternate
    footage, music and voice-over.
    Have not looked at this disc at all.

    All Our Variant Futures - in Standard Definition
    Featurette on Film's Multiple Versions and In-Depth Look at Creating The
    Final Cut

    I am pleased with the purchase, especially since it is 4 discs for the price
    of many single disk BluRays.

    Bob Bohling, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Bob Bohling

    Jim Guest

    "Bob Bohling" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > Trailers
    > 1981 Teaser Trail
    > 1982 Theatrical Trailer
    > 1982 TV Spot
    > 1992 Director's Cut Trailer
    > 2007 Dangerous Days Teaser Trailer
    > 2007 Final Cut Trailer
    >
    > Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art
    > Deck-a-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard
    > Nexus Generation: Fans and Filmmakers
    >
    > Disc 5:
    > Workprint - In 1080P
    > The first-ever home video release of the rarely seen pre-release
    > Workprint, featuring alternate
    > footage, music and voice-over.
    > Have not looked at this disc at all.
    >
    > All Our Variant Futures - in Standard Definition
    > Featurette on Film's Multiple Versions and In-Depth Look at Creating The
    > Final Cut
    >
    > I am pleased with the purchase, especially since it is 4 discs for the

    thanks Bob.

    That is a great write up.

    Jim, Dec 19, 2007