    Blade Runner will ever be released? I'd bet $20 it won't be out before
    its 25th anniversary.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Smaug69

    Eric R. Guest

    (Smaug69) wrote in message news:<>...

    > I'd bet $20 it won't be out before
    > its 25th anniversary.

    Gambling is immoral. For shame, sinner!

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jun 29, 2004

  3. Smaug69

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Smaug69) wrote in message news:<>...
    > So has anyone started a betting pool regarding when(or if) the SE of
    > Blade Runner will ever be released? I'd bet $20 it won't be out before
    > its 25th anniversary.

    A better thing would be to start a lottery ticket pool so we can buy
    the rights away from the asshole that's preventing the release...
    (forget his name, he's the head of Univision of all things...)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Jun 29, 2004

    > > So has anyone started a betting pool regarding when(or if) the SE of
    > > Blade Runner will ever be released? I'd bet $20 it won't be out before
    > > its 25th anniversary.

    > A better thing would be to start a lottery ticket pool so we can buy
    > the rights away from the asshole that's preventing the release...
    > (forget his name, he's the head of Univision of all things...)
    >
    > - Jordan

    So whats his problem ? Do you have any other info about
    the dispute (or pointers to a source of info) ?

    Cheers

    Steven

    Steven Johansen, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Smaug69

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Eric R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Smaug69) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > I'd bet $20 it won't be out before
    > > its 25th anniversary.

    > Gambling is immoral. For shame, sinner!

    $20 says you gamble.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Jun 30, 2004
  6. Smaug69

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Steven Johansen" <> wrote in message news:<40e27925$0$24770$>...

    > So whats his problem ? Do you have any other info about
    > the dispute (or pointers to a source of info) ?

    The best source I found is here, but it only updates quarterly:

    http://www.brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm

    When "Blade Runner" was being shot in the early 1980's, Bud Yorkin, a
    veteran television comedy producer, and Jerry Perenchio, now the
    C.E.O. of Univision, were the film's bond-completion guarantors. When
    the film went over budget, by contract they assumed ownership of the
    film. Paul Sammon wrote in his book "Future Noir: The Making of `Blade
    Runner' " that they hated the film, had bitter disputes with Mr. Scott
    and tried to take it away from him altogether.
    The studio release, in 1982, contained superfluous narration and a
    tacked-on rosy ending. Mr. Scott removed both when he was allowed to
    make a "director's cut" in 1992, but it was, by his own account, a
    rush job.

    Three years ago, Mr. Scott announced that he was working on a
    three-disc box set, which would offer all the versions of the film,
    including a new and polished director's cut with previously unseen
    footage and scads of bonus features. Then, at the end of 2001, Warner
    Brothers, which was planning to distribute the discs, pulled the plug.
    It did so, according to a producer who worked on the project, because
    Mr. Perenchio gave no sign that he would let them be released.

    Mr. Perenchio, speaking through an assistant, had no comment on the
    situation. (Warner Brothers still sells the 1992 "director's cut,"
    though the picture quality is mediocre.)"

    Jordan Lund, Jun 30, 2004
  7. >Gambling is immoral. For shame, sinner!

    >-Eric

    So is being a "born again christian!" Bigots all of them.
    Best,

    Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    MarkZimmerman, Jul 4, 2004