    Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.

    This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    sound are absolutely superb.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007

  2. Kuskokwim

    T.B. Guest

    "Kuskokwim" wrote:

    > Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >
    > This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    > sound are absolutely superb.

    I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.

    T.B.

    T.B., Dec 23, 2007

  3. On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <>
    wrote:

    >"Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >
    >> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>
    >> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    >> sound are absolutely superb.

    >I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    >is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    >packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    >pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >
    >T.B.

    You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

    The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
    discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
    touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
    handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.

    I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Kuskokwim

    Kuskokwim Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, T.B. wrote:

    > "Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >
    >> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>
    >> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    >> sound are absolutely superb.

    > I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    > is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    > packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    > rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    > pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >
    > T.B.

    Disk 5 was rattling around in mine, but it wasn't damaged.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007
  5. Kuskokwim

    Kuskokwim Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

    > I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    > purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    > condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    Oh!! Aren't you special.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007
  6. On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:39:14 -0800, Kuskokwim <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >
    >> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    >> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    >> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    >Oh!! Aren't you special.

    More so than a retarded, one liner dope like you, that is for certain.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 23, 2007
  7. Kuskokwim

    T.B. Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

    (snip)

    >>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
    >>cut"
    >>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
    >>Bros
    >>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
    >>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

    That's the one in the metal suitcase, right? Are the discs packaged in that
    case in something different than the light blue plastic slipcase? If so, I
    thought about picking it up but I really don't want anything other than the
    discs themselves and as it turned out, I didn't see the suitcase version at
    any retailer I happened to go to this week.

    T.B.

    T.B., Dec 24, 2007
  8. Kuskokwim

    Sterculius Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>>
    >>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    >>> sound are absolutely superb.

    >>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    >>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    >>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    >>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
    >

    > The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
    >discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
    >touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
    >handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
    >
    > I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    >purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    >condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    Wow! I'm glad we have someone on here as fucking smart as
    you are. I'm quite sure that over 100,000 copies of a DVD
    release are packaged by "idiots that put the disc in the
    package". I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    pressing and packaging DVD's. Also, I'll bet "the handling
    between warehouse and your door" is vastly different than
    the handling between a warehouse and the retailer.

    By the way, changing your username on here every 6 months
    doesn't fool anybody in this group.

    You should change it back to Roy L. Fucks.

    Sterculius, Dec 24, 2007
  9. Kuskokwim

    Richard C. Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>>
    >>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture
    >>> and
    >>> sound are absolutely superb.

    >>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
    >>cut"
    >>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
    >>Bros
    >>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
    >>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
    >

    > The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
    > discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
    > touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
    > handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
    >
    > I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    > purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    > condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    =======================
    You are soooooo kewl!

    Richard C., Dec 24, 2007
  10. Kuskokwim

    Richard C. Guest

    "Sterculius" <> wrote in message

    > You should change it back to Roy L. Fucks.

    =========================
    Or dark matter...................

    Richard C., Dec 24, 2007

    **** off, Lameculius. Your brainlessness is proven by your ISP choice.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 24, 2007
  12. On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:

    > I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >pressing and packaging DVD's.

    The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    manual assembly step.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 24, 2007
  13. On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:

    >By the way, changing your username on here every 6 months
    >doesn't fool anybody in this group.
    >
    >You should change it back to Roy L. Fucks.

    I am not trying to fool anyone, you retarded little piece of shit.

    I merely amuse myself with different nyms. Since you are not a degreed
    psychologist (closer to the other extreme, as in total retard), then I
    wouldn't expect you to get it, you stupid fucktard.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 24, 2007
  14. Kuskokwim

    Sterculius Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:59:53 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >

    >>Wow! I'm glad we have someone on here as fucking smart as
    >>you are.

    > **** off, Lameculius. Your brainlessness is proven by your ISP choice.

    Dick Matter is also an ISP expert, I never would have
    guessed.

    Sterculius, Dec 24, 2007
  15. Kuskokwim

    Sterculius Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:01:28 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >
    >> I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >>wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >>pressing and packaging DVD's.

    > The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    >idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    >manual assembly step.

    Mini Prong is also a DVD manufacturing expert; say it ain't
    so!

    Sterculius, Dec 24, 2007
  16. Kuskokwim

    Sterculius Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:02:58 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >

    >>By the way, changing your username on here every 6 months
    >>doesn't fool anybody in this group.
    >>
    >>You should change it back to Roy L. Fucks.

    > I am not trying to fool anyone, you retarded little piece of shit.
    >
    > I merely amuse myself with different nyms. Since you are not a degreed
    >psychologist (closer to the other extreme, as in total retard), then I
    >wouldn't expect you to get it, you stupid fucktard.

    And lastly Roy L. Fuckhead is a psychology expert!

    Speaking of psychology sounds to me like you have just a
    little bit of an inferiority complex, of course I'm not an
    expert on the subject like yourself.

    Why don't you list all of your other areas of expertise for
    the alt.video.dvd readers to ooh and aah over. On second
    thought, forget it, there probably isn't enough space on the
    internet for that list.

    Sterculius, Dec 24, 2007
  17. Kuskokwim

    Mark W Guest

    "Kuskokwim" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >
    >> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    >> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    >> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    > Oh!! Aren't you special.

    Last week I broke into his house and scratched several of his discs, then
    left. When he finds out which ones, won't he be cross!

    Mark W, Dec 24, 2007
  18. "ChairmanOfMyAss" <> wrote in
    message news:eek:...
    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >
    >> I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >>wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >>pressing and packaging DVD's.

    > The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    > idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    > manual assembly step.

    And you would know, Oh Holy CornHolio, because you've worked in a factory
    for minimum wage your whole life. After your Mother gave birth to you in a
    CrackHouse.

    --
    © Johnny Slothman
    Slowest Contractor In The West

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 26, 2007
  19. "ChairmanOfMyAss" <> wrote in
    message news:eek:...

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 26, 2007
  20. Kuskokwim

    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:59:53 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Wow! I'm glad we have someone on here as fucking smart as
    >>>you are.

    >> **** off, Lameculius. Your brainlessness is proven by your ISP choice.

    > Dick Matter is also an ISP expert, I never would have
    > guessed.

    Oh! He is an expert on EVERYTHING!
    Except for reality and life as an adult.

    Richard C., Dec 26, 2007