    no link (electrical contact). What can we do next?

    Many thanks for any hints!
    Rainer
    Rainer Bläs, Jun 8, 2011

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rainer_Bl=E4s?= <> writes:
    >we are trying to establish an uplink to a Cisco 2960 (48 ports of Gb
    >Ethernet
    >and two 10 Gb Ethernet SFP+ ports). At the Blade site there is one IBM
    >10 GBE
    >850nm SFP+ Transceiver (CRU 44W4408) in the first slot of the CVR-X2-
    >SFP and
    >at the Cisco 2960 site we used the CISCO SFP+ 10 Gb transceiver. But
    >there is
    >no link (electrical contact). What can we do next?

    Have you checked the switches on both sides to make sure that the
    devices recognize the SFPs you've inserted, and haven't kicked them
    out for whatever odd reason that they will?

    ie. show log
    show int te 0/1 capabilities
    Doug McIntyre, Jun 8, 2011

  3. Rainer Bläs

    Rainer Bläs Guest

    On 8 Jun., 19:15, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rainer_Bl=E4s?= <> writes:
    > >we are trying to establish an uplink to a Cisco 2960 (48 ports of Gb
    > >Ethernet
    > >and two 10 Gb Ethernet SFP+ ports). At the Blade site there is one IBM
    > >10 GBE
    > >850nm SFP+ Transceiver (CRU 44W4408) in the first slot of the CVR-X2-
    > >SFP and
    > >at the Cisco 2960 site we used the CISCO SFP+ 10 Gb transceiver. But
    > >there is
    > >no link (electrical contact). What can we do next?

    > Have you checked the switches on both sides to make sure that the
    > devices recognize the SFPs you've inserted, and haven't kicked them
    > out for whatever odd reason that they will?
    >
    > ie. show log
    > show int te 0/1 capabilities

    A small progress: We replaced the 10(!) Gb SFP+ Transceiver in the CVR-
    X2-SFP V02 converter by

    a 1 (ONE) Gb SFP and connected it to a 1Gb port of our 2960 switch.
    Now we have a link I mean there

    is now the green light on at the 2960 port.

    But still we can't communicate from outside with one of our blades. We
    are also worry about the fact not

    to see the 3110x 10Gb external uplink port by the Cisco Network
    Assistant. There are only 16 Gb ports

    plus 1x fa0. Very strange.

    Regards, Rainer
    Rainer Bläs, Jun 9, 2011