BlackIce Firewall Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Boy Meets Web, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. I just recently installed blackice 2.9 on my system.

    After installing - I went to the ShieldsUp website and
    ran a port scan test. They told me that all my ports were STEALTH. Yet -
    they gave me a Failed Test - explaining that they received a ping from my
    computer.

    They said ----> Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) - Your system REPLIED to our
    Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal
    firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in
    order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since
    "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems
    prior to further exploitation.

    I went to my blackice softeare ... but I do not have a clue on how to
    configure it to block, drop or ignore ping requests. Does anyone know
    enough so you could possibly walk me through the process?

    Thanks in Advance!

    Boy

    http://www.usenet.com
    Boy Meets Web, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Boy Meets Web

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 02:49:15 -0700, Boy Meets Web wrote:

    >I just recently installed blackice 2.9 on my system.

    You installed it again?

    >After installing - I went to the ShieldsUp website and
    >ran a port scan test. They told me that all my ports were STEALTH. Yet -

    <snip>

    Usenet isn't chat, try not to post the same message again so soon.

    Me
    why?, Aug 13, 2005