    Mem4wwf

    View this thread: http://www.photographytalk.net/viewtopic-186540.htm

    Send from http://www.photographytalk.ne
    Mem4wwf, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Mem4wwf

    Mister Max Guest

    Mem4wwf <> posted:

    > Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or
    > something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW,
    > first post!
    >
    > Here are some pics of the spot....
    > http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JPG
    > http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jpg

    Yes it's dust somewhere in the lens mechanism. I have several of them,
    probably from keeping my S400 in my pants pocket. They only show against a
    bright sky, so they are easy to remove with Photoshop rubber stamp.

    > Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like
    > here.... http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jpg

    It's probably obscured by the dark part of the subject.
    - Max

    --
    MisterMax

    http://buten.net/max/
    Slideshows of Egypt (new), Jordan (brand new), Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete,
    France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar, Sicily, St Tropez,
    Singapore, Thailand, Tour de France.

    http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections
    Mister Max, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Mem4wwf

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    Mem4wwf <> wrote:

    > Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or
    > something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW, first
    > post!
    >
    > Here are some pics of the spot....
    > http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JPG
    > http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jpg
    >
    > Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like here....
    > http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jpg

    That third photo might obscure the black spot because of the placement
    of the dark colors in the area where the spot is found. Your camera
    probably needs to be cleaned.
    Shawn Hirn, Jul 25, 2006
  4. Mem4wwf

    Hoover Guest