    the last 10
    years (remember the teaser for GHOST?)

    Any rumors he may actually did a commentary on this one?

    alex crouvier, Oct 20, 2003

  2. alex crouvier

    Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:46:55 +0800, "alex crouvier"
    <> wrote:

    >Since Ridley Scott have done audio commentary for all his main features
    >with the exception of GI JANE, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER YOU,
    >WHITE SQUALL and BLACK RAIN. I have a particular weakness for
    >the latter even though it has troubling racist undertones AND overtone,

    Live with it. Sometimes people of different races hate each other.

    , Oct 21, 2003

  3. "alex crouvier" <> writes:

    > Since Ridley Scott have done audio commentary for all his main features
    > with the exception of GI JANE, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER YOU,
    > WHITE SQUALL and BLACK RAIN. I have a particular weakness for
    > the latter even though it has troubling racist undertones AND overtone,

    The most racist character in the movie was Douglas' character
    and he wasn't very charming person in the begin with, if you
    exclude the weak and standard-for-the-genre-ending.

    > Any rumors he may actually did a commentary on this one?

    I have a feeling it would also need the director's cut treatment.

    --
    Paikka on varattu
    vali deille

    Pentti Lajunen, Oct 21, 2003
  4. alex crouvier

    Peter Briggs Guest

    alex crouvier <> wrote:

    > Since Ridley Scott have done audio commentary for all his main features
    > with the exception of GI JANE, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER YOU,
    > WHITE SQUALL and BLACK RAIN. I have a particular weakness for
    > the latter even though it has troubling racist undertones AND overtone

    I love "Black Rain". It's one of my favorites.

    And....really? You can't apply the "racist" thing towards the Japanese.
    I actually thought it was interesting having a redneck racist Westerner,
    pitting against an entire culture that is itself entrenched in its own
    racism.

    Peter Briggs, Oct 21, 2003
  5. alex crouvier

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > "alex crouvier" <> writes:
    >
    > > Since Ridley Scott have done audio commentary for all his main

    features
    > > with the exception of GI JANE, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER YOU,
    > > WHITE SQUALL and BLACK RAIN.

    Scott actually did record a commentary for G.I. Jane that appears on the
    laserdisc release of that film. Due to some clerical oversight it wasn't
    included on the DVD even though the two discs were released around the
    same time as one another.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 22, 2003