Black bodied dRebel / 300D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ed E., Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Ed E.

    Ed E. Guest

    Ed E., Apr 8, 2004

  2. David J Taylor, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Ed E.

    John Navas Guest

    In <1Yidc.5788$> on Thu, 08 Apr 2004
    20:52:13 GMT, "David J Taylor" <-this-bit>
    wrote:

    >"Ed E." <> wrote in message
    >> Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
    >> bodied Digital Rebel...
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04040801eos300dblack.asp

    >Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    That's my guess.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Ed E.

    Ed E. Guest

    Well, I didn't read far enough. Only the Kiss (Japanese) version is going
    to have a black option. I can't imagine they'll shut out the rest of the
    world, though.
    Ed E., Apr 8, 2004
  5. Ed E.

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:10:16 -0400, "Ed
    E." <> wrote:

    >Well, I didn't read far enough. Only the Kiss (Japanese) version is going
    >to have a black option. I can't imagine they'll shut out the rest of the
    >world, though.

    That and the USM version of the kit lens are pretty good reasons to go gray
    market IMHO. ;-)

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Apr 8, 2004
  6. "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in

    > Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    Yupp - unfortunately the 300D does not look half
    as cool as the D70 in black :)

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Apr 8, 2004
  7. Ed E.

    Lucas Tam Guest

    > Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    Unfortunately the D70 is still a much better camera.

    Guess we'll need to wait for the 350D or whatever the next camera is called
    : )

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Apr 8, 2004
  8. "Ed E." <> wrote in message
    > Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
    > bodied Digital Rebel...
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04040801eos300dblack.asp

    Gee, that's wonderful. Now, if they would also offer flash exposure
    compensation and focus mode control somebody might care.
    Charles Schuler, Apr 8, 2004
  9. Ed E.

    Bowzah Guest

    Well, thank God for that. We all know how much better pix can be with a
    black camera.

    ;-)

    Bowzah, Apr 9, 2004
  10. Ed E.

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    Gee it look even more plastic with that finish. They should have gone to a
    textured black.

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 9, 2004
  11. Ed E.

    Patrick L. Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:1Yidc.5788$...
    > "Ed E." <> wrote in message
    > > Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
    > > bodied Digital Rebel...
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04040801eos300dblack.asp
    > >

    > Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Needs X sync at 1/500 and FEC to do that.

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Apr 9, 2004
  12. Ed E.

    Skip M Guest

    And spot meter...oh, yeah, Canon doesn't include that in any but the 1D and
    1Ds...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Apr 9, 2004
  13. Ed E.

    stewy Guest

    stewy, Apr 9, 2004
  14. "stewy" <> wrote in message

    > "Ed E." <> wrote in message
    > > Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
    > > bodied Digital Rebel...
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04040801eos300dblack.asp
    > >

    > oooo goody! Does this mean I'll be able to get one in day-glo pink soon?

    No, but you can get a Hasselblad in day-glow yellow. Only US$3,500.

    http://www.adorama.com/HS501CMYLK.html

    David J. Littleboy

    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Apr 9, 2004
  15. Ed E.

    Patrick L. Guest

    "Povl H. Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Patrick L. wrote:
    > >
    > > "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    > > message news:1Yidc.5788$...
    > >> "Ed E." <> wrote in message

    black

    > >> Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    > > Needs X sync at 1/500 and FEC to do that.

    > FEC is here. It is in the russian firmware.

    The hack? What will that do the warrantee?

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Apr 9, 2004
  16. Povl H. Pedersen, Apr 9, 2004
  17. In article <Xns94C5B3E2C70FFnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>, Lucas Tam wrote:
    > "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    >
    >> Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    > Unfortunately the D70 is still a much better camera.

    Unless you need noise free ISO 100 pictures.

    Povl H. Pedersen, Apr 9, 2004

    Povl H. Pedersen, Apr 9, 2004
  19. In article <1Yidc.5788$>,
    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote:

    > "Ed E." <> wrote in message
    > > Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
    > > bodied Digital Rebel...
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04040801eos300dblack.asp
    > >

    > Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

    Playing catchup with 'Camera Design for Dummies'.
    Simon Gardner, Apr 9, 2004
  20. Ed E.

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    Patrick L. <> wrote:

    >"Povl H. Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> FEC is here. It is in the russian firmware.

    >The hack? What will that do the warrantee?

    Invalidate it, but nobody has to know. It's only a problem if the camera
    breaks in such a way that you can't reflash the old firmware before sending
    it in, and the repair centre bothers to check.
    Chris Brown, Apr 9, 2004