    added by adjusting saturatuion and hue. My wife wants to take black and
    white pictures with the G5. Is it better to use the camera's settings or
    adjust later with PSP?

    Terry, Jul 21, 2003

  2. "Terry" <> wrote in
    news::

    > My G5 has settings for B&W and sepia. I can get B&W picutes using Paint
    > Shop by clicking on "Grayscale" or Colors>Colorization. Sepia tones can be
    > added by adjusting saturatuion and hue. My wife wants to take black and
    > white pictures with the G5. Is it better to use the camera's settings or
    > adjust later with PSP?

    It is better to adjust later.

    To get the best B&W rendition I use "Channel Mixer" in Photoshop.

    To get a nice Sepia I use the "Duo Tone" converter in Photoshop.

    Now, I am not familiar with PSP, but I assume that you will find
    some methods to get much more out of your B&W than you can get
    when only use the B&W or sepia method in your camera.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 21, 2003