    appear. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running Norton System
    Works etc but no luck - anyone help?

    Thanks
    SS, Sep 19, 2006

  2. SS

    Kenny Guest

    Try uTorrent, that's what I use.
    http://www.utorrent.com/

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny, Sep 19, 2006

  3. SS

    SS Guest

    I do find that very slow and also have a file of over 1Gb nearly complete on
    Bittorrent!
    SS, Sep 19, 2006
  4. SS

    Guest

    "SS" <> wrote:

    >I do find that very slow and also have a file of over 1Gb nearly complete on
    >Bittorrent!

    Utorrent is the way to go, it's fast and small, if you install
    Utorrent and click on the tracker to download the same file(s) (to the
    same place) Utorrent will examine the file(s) and continue where
    Bittorrent left off. (all torrents programs do this)

    backup of course just to make sure

    --
    Why Bicycle Shorts are always Black?
    www.funnycoolstuff.com/2006/09/18/why-bicycle-shorts-are-always-black/
  5. SS

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Re: [OT] torrent search in utorrent

    wrote:
    > "SS" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I do find that very slow and also have a file of over 1Gb nearly complete on
    >> Bittorrent!

    > Utorrent is the way to go, it's fast and small, if you install
    > Utorrent and click on the tracker to download the same file(s) (to the
    > same place) Utorrent will examine the file(s) and continue where
    > Bittorrent left off. (all torrents programs do this)
    >
    > backup of course just to make sure

    All this talk about utorrent reminded me of a problem I've been having
    with my copy of it: how does one go about using it to search for
    torrents to download? I mean, it has a list of torrent search engines
    buried in the options dialog box somewhere, but I would think that if it
    has them in its options box, then it must have some built-in way to
    search for torrents. Any ideas?
    AnonyMouse, Sep 20, 2006
  6. SS

    AnonyMouse <""\"\"\"@.@.@.@ @.@
    > wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "SS" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I do find that very slow and also have a file of over 1Gb nearly complete on
    >>> Bittorrent!

    >> Utorrent is the way to go, it's fast and small, if you install
    >> Utorrent and click on the tracker to download the same file(s) (to the
    >> same place) Utorrent will examine the file(s) and continue where
    >> Bittorrent left off. (all torrents programs do this)
    >>
    >> backup of course just to make sure

    >All this talk about utorrent reminded me of a problem I've been having
    >with my copy of it: how does one go about using it to search for
    >torrents to download? I mean, it has a list of torrent search engines
    >buried in the options dialog box somewhere, but I would think that if it
    >has them in its options box, then it must have some built-in way to
    >search for torrents. Any ideas?

    I just use Opera.

    http://thepiratebay.org/browse.php is on my personal bar.

    And to search
    http://www.torrentspy.com/
    http://isohunt.com/

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWf_CIz--88
    , Sep 20, 2006
  7. SS

    wrote:
    > AnonyMouse <""\"\"\"@.@.@.@ @.@
    > > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> Utorrent is the way to go, it's fast and small, if you install
    >>> Utorrent and click on the tracker to download the same file(s) (to the
    >>> same place) Utorrent will examine the file(s) and continue where
    >>> Bittorrent left off. (all torrents programs do this)
    >>>
    >>> backup of course just to make sure

    >> All this talk about utorrent reminded me of a problem I've been having
    >> with my copy of it: how does one go about using it to search for
    >> torrents to download? I mean, it has a list of torrent search engines
    >> buried in the options dialog box somewhere, but I would think that if it
    >> has them in its options box, then it must have some built-in way to
    >> search for torrents. Any ideas?

    > I just use Opera.
    >
    > http://thepiratebay.org/browse.php is on my personal bar.
    >
    > And to search
    > http://www.torrentspy.com/
    > http://isohunt.com/

    I'm more interested in downloading things like open-source programs,
    etc. Would the isohunt.com place you mentioned then be the better place
    out of the bunch?
    AnonyMouse, Sep 21, 2006
  8. SS

    Guest

    Re: [OT] torrent search in utorrent

    AnonyMouse <""\"\"\"@.@.@.@ @.@
    > wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> AnonyMouse <""\"\"\"@.@.@.@ @.@
    >> > wrote:

    >>> All this talk about utorrent reminded me of a problem I've been having
    >>> with my copy of it: how does one go about using it to search for
    >>> torrents to download? I mean, it has a list of torrent search engines
    >>> buried in the options dialog box somewhere, but I would think that if it
    >>> has them in its options box, then it must have some built-in way to
    >>> search for torrents. Any ideas?

    >> I just use Opera.
    >>
    >> http://thepiratebay.org/browse.php is on my personal bar.
    >>
    >> And to search
    >> http://www.torrentspy.com/
    >> http://isohunt.com/

    >I'm more interested in downloading things like open-source programs,
    >etc. Would the isohunt.com place you mentioned then be the better place
    >out of the bunch?

    If you know the name of it, any search page, I find I use google a lot
    with a key word of torrent. http://tinyurl.com/gzgen

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWf_CIz--88
    , Sep 21, 2006