    that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.

    Thanks
    Charlie
    cc, May 2, 2004

  2. cc

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 02 May 2004 17:27:36 GMT, cc <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I got a response to this earlier but had another question. How do I set
    >the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
    >open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
    >from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
    >slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
    >connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
    > How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
    >that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Charlie

    Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for the DSL modem.
    MTU-1492 RWIN-32767
    Tweak test: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

    Make any recomended changes with their "DrTCP", reboot and test again.
    http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.zip

    Test your speed before, and after optimizing:
    http://speedcheck2.optonline.net/speedcheck/speedcheck.html
    (Requires Java)

    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...l/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
    Unk, May 2, 2004

  3. cc

    Lord Jester Guest

    cc wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a response to this earlier another question. How do I set
    > the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
    > open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
    > from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
    > slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
    > connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
    > How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
    > that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Charlie

    From what I hear it is also dependent on what you a sharing also.
    It your not sharing anything then you get lower speeds. 512 Mega Bit
    DSL will get you around... 80KB/sec I believe. But good luck on
    reaching that. :) I have a 3 Mega bit cable connection and rarely
    see anything beyond 500KB/sec.Unless of course I'm transferring
    directly from PC to PC then it's 1000-1400.

    JesterDev

    JesterDev
    Lord Jester, May 2, 2004
  4. "cc" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a response to this earlier but had another question. How do I set
    > the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
    > open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
    > from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
    > slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
    > connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
    > How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
    > that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Charlie

    I take it you are using the official bittorent which doesn't allow you to
    set much.
    Download the shadow experimental one from http://bittornado.com/
    Its a lot better and allows you to set your max upload speed

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004