    preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    one higher priority" sort of thing.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    nova Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    > users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    > preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    > pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    > one higher priority" sort of thing.

    azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
    think of :), does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
    above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
    below this speed then start another etc etc.

    nova, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova <> wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    >> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    >> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    >> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    >> one higher priority" sort of thing.

    >azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
    >think of :), does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
    >above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
    >below this speed then start another etc etc.

    I tried Azereus a while back, and thought it was pretty good. But then I tried
    another one called ABC (yet Another Bittorrent Client). I found it to be heaps
    better. It was based on bitTornado.
    http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

    Craig Shore, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    nova Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova <> wrote:
    >

    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>>At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    >>>users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    >>>preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    >>>pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    >>>one higher priority" sort of thing.

    >>azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
    >>think of :), does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
    >>above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
    >>below this speed then start another etc etc.

    > I tried Azereus a while back, and thought it was pretty good. But then I tried
    > another one called ABC (yet Another Bittorrent Client). I found it to be heaps
    > better. It was based on bitTornado.
    > http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

    heh for me it was vice versa, each to their own :).

    nova, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    >> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    >> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    >> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    >> one higher priority" sort of thing.

    > azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
    > think of :), does require java though..

    And because of that it runs on several platforms.

    Gordon, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Paul W Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    >users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    >preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    >pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    >one higher priority" sort of thing.

    HI Dave
    You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
    problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
    A great little program that works
    -Cheers Paul
    "Overclockers do it hotter and faster"

    Paul W, Apr 11, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Alan Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    > At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    > users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    > preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    > pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give
    > this one higher priority" sort of thing.

    Hi,

    No particular preferences since I am also looking myself, but I have
    found that Azereus seems not to work if you have the latest version of
    ZoneAlarm installed.

    Anyone who can confirm that I am wrong about that - I would be glad to
    hear a different opinion.

    Alan.

    Alan, Apr 11, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    El Penguino Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:40:16 +1200, Paul W <NoSpamMail@.com> wrote:

    >You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
    >problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
    >A great little program that works

    bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
    you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
    you want.

    I prefer to use azureus unless I have a situation for bit comet.

    El Penguino, Apr 11, 2005
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    El Penguino <> wrote in

    > bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
    > you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
    > you want.

    Azureaus can do this if you open the actual torrent and look around. I
    think it is in the transfer tab.
    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 11, 2005
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    nova Guest

    El Penguino wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:40:16 +1200, Paul W <NoSpamMail@.com> wrote:
    >

    >>You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
    >>problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
    >>A great little program that works

    > bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
    > you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
    > you want.
    >
    > I prefer to use azureus unless I have a situation for bit comet.

    Azereus can do this, you just need to click on the torrent then go to
    the file tab from there you can select which files you want or give
    priority to certain files in the torrent etc.

    Thats pretty standard stuff in most clients these days

    nova, Apr 11, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    El Penguino Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:13:30 +1200, nova <> wrote:

    >El Penguino wrote:
    >> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:40:16 +1200, Paul W <NoSpamMail@.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
    >>>problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
    >>>A great little program that works

    >> bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
    >> you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
    >> you want.
    >>
    >> I prefer to use azureus unless I have a situation for bit comet.

    >Azereus can do this, you just need to click on the torrent then go to
    >the file tab from there you can select which files you want or give
    >priority to certain files in the torrent etc.
    >
    >Thats pretty standard stuff in most clients these days

    i sit corrected.
    Looks like bit comet is due for uninstall then.

    El Penguino, Apr 11, 2005
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:41:47 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    >users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    >preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    >pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    >one higher priority" sort of thing.

    I'll put in another vote for Azureus.

    DoggNZ, Apr 12, 2005
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:41:47 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    > users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    > preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    > pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    > one higher priority" sort of thing.

    I use one called ABC - works well.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time." -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    Note: All my comments are copyright 11/04/2005 11:41:44 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Apr 12, 2005
  14. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    michael Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
    > users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
    > preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
    > pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
    > one higher priority" sort of thing.

    I've used
    shareaza
    bit tornado
    bit comet

    shareaza is allows you to get other p2p files along with
    torrents

    i've found not alot between the other two. bitcomet has
    a flashier interface and seems easier to get going.

    michael, Apr 14, 2005