    only downloaded 9.5MB after 8 hours. A lot of the time it is on 0 speed.

    Is there anything I need to know or a better client I should be using?

    Gavin

    me here, Oct 10, 2003

  2. me here

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "me here" <> wrote in message
    news:M6ohb.31$...
    > I have installed a BittTorrent client (BitTorrent++ v0.5.4 and am trying
    > my first download but it is VERY sloooow.
    >
    > I am trying to download
    > http://f.scarywater.net/brokensaints_downloadable.zip.torrent but I have
    > only downloaded 9.5MB after 8 hours. A lot of the time it is on 0 speed.
    >
    > Is there anything I need to know or a better client I should be using?

    Try and get the Bittorent experimental client..

    You can adjust the upload/download rate

    On dialup i set upload rate at 3k and this setting corresponds with the
    download rate. Which is around 5k.

    Craig Sutton, Oct 10, 2003

  3. me here

    Peter S Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > "me here" <> wrote in message
    > > I have installed a BittTorrent client (BitTorrent++ v0.5.4 and am trying
    > > my first download but it is VERY sloooow.
    > >
    > > I am trying to download
    > > http://f.scarywater.net/brokensaints_downloadable.zip.torrent but I have
    > > only downloaded 9.5MB after 8 hours. A lot of the time it is on 0 speed.
    > >
    > > Is there anything I need to know or a better client I should be using?
    > >

    > Try and get the Bittorent experimental client..
    >
    > You can adjust the upload/download rate
    >
    > On dialup i set upload rate at 3k and this setting corresponds with the
    > download rate. Which is around 5k.

    Could be that no-one is sharing that file at the time it is at zero. I
    imagine that if you were a broadband user that you wouldn't want to leave
    bit torrent running to share as the torrents tend to be rather intense, and
    it could cost money.

    Pete.

    Peter S, Oct 10, 2003