  1. ABS

    ABS Guest

    what bitrate does napster use for downloaded songs?

    ABS, Sep 2, 2005

  2. ABS

    Trax Guest

    "ABS" <> wrote:

    |>what bitrate does napster use for downloaded songs?

    Q. Bad Quality. I know this is not related to your [tutorial], but I
    appreciate your input. Napster WMA files have a bitrate of only 128.
    http://tinyurl.com/ysp28

    --
    White folks, find food at a local grocery store
    http://tinyurl.com/a37mg (Removed)

    Trax, Sep 3, 2005

  3. ABS

    ABS Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "ABS" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>what bitrate does napster use for downloaded songs?
    > |>

    > Q. Bad Quality. I know this is not related to your [tutorial], but I
    > appreciate your input. Napster WMA files have a bitrate of only 128.
    > http://tinyurl.com/ysp28
    >

    > --
    > White folks, find food at a local grocery store
    > http://tinyurl.com/a37mg (Removed)
    > Brown folks loot food at a local grocery store
    > http://tinyurl.com/98swd (Still there)

    you must be looking in napster cd recording, cus i know it's there for that
    and also streaming might be 128k, but downloads are much better, just not
    sure what.

    ABS, Sep 3, 2005
  4. ABS

    ABS Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "ABS" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>what bitrate does napster use for downloaded songs?
    > |>

    > Q. Bad Quality. I know this is not related to your [tutorial], but I
    > appreciate your input. Napster WMA files have a bitrate of only 128.
    > http://tinyurl.com/ysp28
    >

    > --
    > White folks, find food at a local grocery store
    > http://tinyurl.com/a37mg (Removed)
    > Brown folks loot food at a local grocery store
    > http://tinyurl.com/98swd (Still there)

    that site is a joke too. here's how you do it.
    burn cd
    rip cd to pc in mp3 format using any ripper such as itunes etc.

    no need for his stupid ass software and stupid ass tutorial.

    ABS, Sep 3, 2005
  5. ABS

    Trax Guest

    "ABS" <> wrote:

    |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    |>> Q. Bad Quality. I know this is not related to your [tutorial], but I
    |>> appreciate your input. Napster WMA files have a bitrate of only 128.
    |>> http://tinyurl.com/ysp28

    |>you must be looking in napster cd recording, cus i know it's there for that
    |>and also streaming might be 128k, but downloads are much better, just not
    |>sure what.

    Just killing time and google'd: bitrate for napster

    Did it again and got: "The great bitrate debate: What sampling rate is
    the best combination of size ... that the vast majority of MP3s on
    Napster are encoded at a bitrate of 128. ..."
    http://www.computerstodayinc.com/napstertips.htm

    Trax, Sep 3, 2005
  6. ABS

    Trax Guest

    "ABS" <> wrote:

    |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    |>> Q. Bad Quality. I know this is not related to your [tutorial], but I
    |>> appreciate your input. Napster WMA files have a bitrate of only 128.
    |>> http://tinyurl.com/ysp28

    |>that site is a joke too. here's how you do it.
    |>burn cd
    |>rip cd to pc in mp3 format using any ripper such as itunes etc.
    |>
    |>no need for his stupid ass software and stupid ass tutorial.

    I didn't read the site, just used it as a cite.

    I really don't download or rip music !Gasp!, but I'm a sucker for a
    free offer. I've got a lot of itunes (.m4p) due to Pepsi's free song
    give away. That was three computers ago.

    One day I'll get around to cracking them, but I'm in no hurry.

    Trax, Sep 3, 2005
  7. ABS

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "ABS" <> wrote:
    >

    >>> "Trax" <> wrote in message

    >>> you must be looking in napster cd recording, cus i know it's there
    >>> for that and also streaming might be 128k, but downloads are much
    >>> better, just not sure what.

    > Just killing time and google'd: bitrate for napster
    >
    > Did it again and got: "The great bitrate debate: What sampling rate is
    > the best combination of size ... that the vast majority of MP3s on
    > Napster are encoded at a bitrate of 128. ..."
    > http://www.computerstodayinc.com/napstertips.htm

    I would think that's a fair compromise - reasonable file size vs. quality.
    Of course, I don't rip my own music there (unless it's off vinyl or
    cassette) but at 192kbps. I may be old, but I think I can still hear the
    difference. In a quiet room. When straining painfully to pay an inordinate
    amount of attention. In my car, 128 is good enough.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 3, 2005
  8. Trax wrote:
    >for downloaded songs?

    > Just killing time and google'd: bitrate for napster

    I can't look at "bitrate" without mentally pronouncing it "bye-trate",
    which always makes me think of it as some remedy from about 1903.
    "Goldang it, Clem's got them awful vapors again. Run to the store and
    git us some bitrate for him afore he kills us all!"

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2005
  9. ABS

    ABS Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "ABS" <> wrote:
    >

    > |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    > |>you must be looking in napster cd recording, cus i know it's there for
    > that
    > |>and also streaming might be 128k, but downloads are much better, just
    > not
    > |>sure what.
    >
    > Just killing time and google'd: bitrate for napster
    >
    > Did it again and got: "The great bitrate debate: What sampling rate is
    > the best combination of size ... that the vast majority of MP3s on
    > Napster are encoded at a bitrate of 128. ..."
    > http://www.computerstodayinc.com/napstertips.htm
    > --

    I'm sorry. I looked at a downloaded file and played it in WMP which said
    128k, sorry.

    This really sucks in that Rhapsody is 160k.

    Also I don't like how Napster says you can only download a song 3 times.
    That's really stupid. Good thing I'm only using Napster for their free
    weekend thing.

    One thing I hate is how Napster and Rhapsody won't let you add to favorites
    like in web browsers. That's freaking stupid. I want to save the home page
    of each band I like yet nothing will let you.

    ABS, Sep 3, 2005