    why because my IE browser cleans internet temporary files automatically on
    close and the folder is always empty when I start browsing. Please tell me
    what to do. Thank You.
    Andy, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Andy wrote:

    > When I try to save jpg. pictures my pc saves them as bitmaps. I do not know
    > why because my IE browser cleans internet temporary files automatically on
    > close and the folder is always empty when I start browsing. Please tell me
    > what to do. Thank You.

    Right click on the picture, choose Save picture as. There's a box
    labeled "Save as type", change what shows in the window to .jpg and in
    the box at the top labeled "Save in" change that to My Documents.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Andy wrote:
    >
    >> When I try to save jpg. pictures my pc saves them as bitmaps. I do not
    >> know why because my IE browser cleans internet temporary files
    >> automatically on close and the folder is always empty when I start
    >> browsing. Please tell me what to do. Thank You.

    > Right click on the picture, choose Save picture as. There's a box labeled
    > "Save as type", change what shows in the window to .jpg and in the box at
    > the top labeled "Save in" change that to My Documents.

    I know what you mean, but there is only choice to save as bitmap (bmp). It
    happens when the temporary internet folder is full after emptying I would be
    able to save as jpg or bmp. Unfortunately my folder is empty and even so I
    can save as bmp only. I have 80Gb hard drive and have available 12Gb right
    now, but I do not think if it is to little space for jpg pictures.

    Mike, what do you think about it ?
    Andy, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Andy

    Eos Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I try to save jpg. pictures my pc saves them as bitmaps. I do not
    >>> know why because my IE browser cleans internet temporary files
    >>> automatically on close and the folder is always empty when I start
    >>> browsing. Please tell me what to do. Thank You.

    >> Right click on the picture, choose Save picture as. There's a box labeled
    >> "Save as type", change what shows in the window to .jpg and in the box at
    >> the top labeled "Save in" change that to My Documents.

    > I know what you mean, but there is only choice to save as bitmap (bmp). It
    > happens when the temporary internet folder is full after emptying I would
    > be able to save as jpg or bmp. Unfortunately my folder is empty and even
    > so I can save as bmp only. I have 80Gb hard drive and have available 12Gb
    > right now, but I do not think if it is to little space for jpg pictures.
    >
    > Mike, what do you think about it ?

    Easy! Just manually type "filename.jpg" without the " "s and it will save it
    that format.
    Eos.
    Eos, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Andy

    °Mike° Guest

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:53:09 -0500, in
    <>
    Andy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    >
    > How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    >
    > Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    >
    > Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    > http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm
    >
    > Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif
    >
    > Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136
    >

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:53:09 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Andy scrawled:
    >
    >>When I try to save jpg. pictures my pc saves them as bitmaps. I do not
    >>know
    >>why because my IE browser cleans internet temporary files automatically on
    >>close and the folder is always empty when I start browsing. Please tell me
    >>what to do. Thank You.
    >>

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Thank You Mike for help. By following one of your links I found a solution
    at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978 web page.
    There were some damaged ActiveX files in Downloaded Program Files folder
    which caused the problem.
    Ps.What I would do without your help Mike ?
    Thanx again.
    Andy, Feb 28, 2005
  7. Andy

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message

    > Thank You Mike for help. By following one of your links I found a solution
    > at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978 web page.
    > There were some damaged ActiveX files in Downloaded Program Files folder
    > which caused the problem.
    > Ps.What I would do without your help Mike ?
    > Thanx again.

    learn to google...

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Andy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:29:06 -0500, in
    <>
    Andy scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    >> http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    <snip>

    >Thank You Mike for help. By following one of your links I found a solution
    >at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978 web page.
    >There were some damaged ActiveX files in Downloaded Program Files folder
    >which caused the problem.
    >Ps.What I would do without your help Mike ?
    >Thanx again.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance