    I've done a deep system scan since installing last night,

    i have 1 x500 gb 1 x 320gb and 1x 250gb, so far it has taken under 15 hours
    and it is still running is this the norm for the deep scan?

    Ali, Oct 8, 2009

  2. Ali

    Ali Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ali wrote:
    >> I've done a deep system scan since installing last night,
    >>
    >> i have 1 x500 gb 1 x 320gb and 1x 250gb, so far it has taken under 15
    >> hours and it is still running is this the norm for the deep scan?

    > Yeah, I'd let it run for four or five days, then get something better.

    whats better?

    Ali, Oct 8, 2009

  3. Ali

    1PW Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > I've done a deep system scan since installing last night,
    >
    > i have 1 x500 gb 1 x 320gb and 1x 250gb, so far it has taken under 15
    > hours and it is still running is this the norm for the deep scan?

    Hello Ali:

    Although you really haven't posted the details needed to draw an
    informed opinion, security suites usually are a poor substitute for
    good system security.

    £50GBP seems a bit high for a mediocre suite if it's the BTS 2010 you
    have. I do hope it's totally refundable.

    You might have told us some hardware details like CPU - AMD, Intel,
    single/multicore. CPU Clock speed. Amount of RAM. How full your HDDs
    are. PATA, SATA or other. x86 or x64. How busy your system is with
    other processes.

    You may wish to consider "best in breed" individual applications for
    your future antimalware needs. Avira always comes to my mind first -
    but /not/ their security suites.

    --
    1PW

    1PW, Oct 8, 2009
  4. Ali

    chuckcar Guest

    "Ali" <> wrote in news:EC9zm.14431$2:

    > I've done a deep system scan since installing last night,
    >
    > i have 1 x500 gb 1 x 320gb and 1x 250gb, so far it has taken under 15
    > hours and it is still running is this the norm for the deep scan?

    If it's still visibly *doing* something, it's obviously still working ok
    right? The point is to scan *all* files on all drives to make sure there's
    absolutely no malware. This naturally will take a long time as it has to -
    by definition read every byte of all the files on your computer to do it.
    The only realistic way to speed it up is to shut down any unrelated
    background tasks you may have running in startup.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 8, 2009