    avi files without permission - or worse?

    Thank you,
    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Lisa Taylor

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <4123e07e$0$15837$>, 1234
    @SODSPAMbikerlifestyle.co.uk says...
    > I am new to all this downloading stuff so please forgive my ignorance.
    > I am finding it hard to come to grips with it all. I am managing to slowly
    > download something, but what is it that is uploading?
    > Is any of the stuff on my computer available to others? Can they upload my
    > avi files without permission - or worse?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Lisa

    BT shares files, or more precisely bits of them. The upload is those
    bits of the file you already have, that others need.

    FR
    --

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Lisa Taylor

    Lord Jester Guest

    Lisa Taylor wrote:

    > I am new to all this downloading stuff so please forgive my ignorance.
    > I am finding it hard to come to grips with it all. I am managing to slowly
    > download something, but what is it that is uploading?
    > Is any of the stuff on my computer available to others? Can they upload my
    > avi files without permission - or worse?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Lisa

    What is being uploaded is what you have already downloaded of the current
    file. Bit torrent is based on users sharing what they download. For example
    most prefer that you upload (seed) to a 1:1 ratio. In other words, upload
    what you download. No worries about your personal files being uploaded
    unless you specifically build a torrent file and upload (seed) it.

    For more info check out this FAQ:
    http://dessent.net/btfaq/

    Hope this helps,
    JesterDev
    ~/|\~

    Lord Jester, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    ----------------------
    > What is being uploaded is what you have already downloaded of the current
    > file. Bit torrent is based on users sharing what they download. For

    example
    > most prefer that you upload (seed) to a 1:1 ratio. In other words, upload
    > what you download. No worries about your personal files being uploaded
    > unless you specifically build a torrent file and upload (seed) it.
    >
    > For more info check out this FAQ:
    > http://dessent.net/btfaq/

    ------------------------
    Thanks very much for explaining this to me, all I need to do now is find the
    goodies!
    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Lisa Taylor

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <4123e9ed$0$8483$>, 1234
    @SODSPAMbikerlifestyle.co.uk says...
    > Thanks very much for explaining this to me, all I need to do now is find the
    > goodies!
    > Lisa

    www.suprnova.org

    FR
    --

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Lisa Taylor

    EOS Guest

    "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4123e9ed$0$8483$>, 1234
    > @SODSPAMbikerlifestyle.co.uk says...
    > > Thanks very much for explaining this to me, all I need to do now is find

    the
    > > goodies!
    > > Lisa
    > >

    > www.suprnova.org