    chopped off. i have tried 'fit to page', altering margins, printing at 90%
    and even landscape but still a problem. Can anyone advise?

    Ta
    SS, Nov 17, 2006

  2. SS

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use IE7 they fixed that with this version.

    pcbutts1, Nov 17, 2006

  3. SS

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:12:29 -0800, pcbutts1 Has Frothed:

    > Use IE7 they fixed that with this version.

    Yeh fix the print problem and create a ton of others.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 17, 2006
  4. SS

    Daave Guest

    SS wrote:
    > I am trying to print off web pages but the extreme right hand side is
    > chopped off. i have tried 'fit to page', altering margins, printing
    > at 90% and even landscape but still a problem. Can anyone advise?

    Try the Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing program at
    http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/ (assuming you're using IE...).

    --
    Dave
    Daave, Nov 18, 2006
  5. SS

    SS Guest

    Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!
    SS, Nov 18, 2006
  6. SS

    Frosty Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:13:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on "SS" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said "Pluck
    It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can throw it
    up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    It installs automatically when you go to (the page you stupidly
    snipped off in this reply so nobody else can get the software you
    ditz!)

    Frosty, Nov 18, 2006
  7. SS

    SS Guest

    "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:13:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    > sat on "SS" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said "Pluck
    > It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can throw it
    > up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    > >Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    > It installs automatically when you go to (the page you stupidly
    > snipped off in this reply so nobody else can get the software you
    > ditz!)

    Well they can read the history surely, original post and all replies?!

    Yes I just realise it installs automatically. I thought there was something
    to download. Anyway I tried it and there was no difference. It always prints
    with about a 1.5" margin to the left and whatever the settings I cant alter
    that, even with the LH margin set to 0. So buggered if I know what to do. I
    even tried cutting and pasting to word but that omits parts of the page
    SS, Nov 18, 2006
  8. SS

    Daave Guest

    SS wrote:
    > Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/

    The third one from the top:

    Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing

    Have you ever printed a web page only to find that the right-hand edge
    is missing? This is for you. First, this download page [
    http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/download/IEPrint.htm ] will
    install the control. After installation, close the browser window and
    reopen a new one. You should have a new printer icon with a small 'W'
    next to it on the toolbar. Press this to bring up a print dialog which
    will then print the page fitted to the width of your paper.
    Alternatively, hold down the Control key while pressing the button and
    you will get a print preview instead.
    Daave, Nov 18, 2006
  9. SS

    Frosty Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:06:59 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on "SS" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said "Pluck
    It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can throw it
    up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:

    >> >Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    >> It installs automatically when you go to (the page you stupidly
    >> snipped off in this reply so nobody else can get the software you
    >> ditz!)
    >> >

    >Well they can read the history surely, original post and all replies?!

    Yeah I guess.
    FWIW, I followed the instructions and now have that other printer icon
    in my IE.

    Frosty, Nov 19, 2006
  10. SS

    Daave Guest

    SS wrote:
    > "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:13:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    >> sat on "SS" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said
    >> "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can
    >> throw it
    >> up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >>> Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    >> It installs automatically when you go to (the page you stupidly
    >> snipped off in this reply so nobody else can get the software you
    >> ditz!)
    >>>

    > Well they can read the history surely, original post and all replies?!

    Not necessarily (admittedly, this is *usually* not the case, but
    still...).

    It's considered better "netiquette" to post in-context (and it's easier
    to read as well).

    --
    Dave
    Daave, Nov 19, 2006
  11. SS

    SS Guest

    "Daave" <> wrote in message
    > SS wrote:
    > > Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    > http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/
    >
    > The third one from the top:
    >
    > Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing
    >
    > Have you ever printed a web page only to find that the right-hand edge
    > is missing? This is for you. First, this download page [
    > http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/download/IEPrint.htm ] will
    > install the control. After installation, close the browser window and
    > reopen a new one. You should have a new printer icon with a small 'W'
    > next to it on the toolbar. Press this to bring up a print dialog which
    > will then print the page fitted to the width of your paper.
    > Alternatively, hold down the Control key while pressing the button and
    > you will get a print preview instead.

    Yes got the icon, tried it, still the same problem so still looking for a
    solution, anyone?

    Ta
    SS, Nov 19, 2006
  12. SS

    Daave Guest

    SS wrote:
    > "Daave" <> wrote in message
    >> SS wrote:
    >>> Can't seem to find the actual link to download the software!

    >> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/
    >>
    >> The third one from the top:
    >>
    >> Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing
    >>
    >> Have you ever printed a web page only to find that the right-hand
    >> edge is missing? This is for you. First, this download page [
    >> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/download/IEPrint.htm ] will
    >> install the control. After installation, close the browser window and
    >> reopen a new one. You should have a new printer icon with a small 'W'
    >> next to it on the toolbar. Press this to bring up a print dialog
    >> which will then print the page fitted to the width of your paper.
    >> Alternatively, hold down the Control key while pressing the button
    >> and you will get a print preview instead.

    > Yes got the icon, tried it, still the same problem so still looking
    > for a solution, anyone?

    What happened when you clicked on the icon? Did you get a print dialog
    box? Were you able to get a print preview, and if so, what did it look
    like?

    There's always Opera and Firefox, too...

    --
    Dave
    Daave, Nov 19, 2006
  13. SS

    SS Guest

    "Daave" <> wrote in message
    > SS wrote:
    > > "Daave" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/
    > >>
    > >> The third one from the top:
    > >>
    > >> Internet Explorer Fitted-Width Printing
    > >>
    > >> Have you ever printed a web page only to find that the right-hand
    > >> edge is missing? This is for you. First, this download page [
    > >> http://www.visiontech.ltd.uk/software/download/IEPrint.htm ] will
    > >> install the control. After installation, close the browser window and
    > >> reopen a new one. You should have a new printer icon with a small 'W'
    > >> next to it on the toolbar. Press this to bring up a print dialog
    > >> which will then print the page fitted to the width of your paper.
    > >> Alternatively, hold down the Control key while pressing the button
    > >> and you will get a print preview instead.

    > > Yes got the icon, tried it, still the same problem so still looking
    > > for a solution, anyone?

    > What happened when you clicked on the icon? Did you get a print dialog
    > box? Were you able to get a print preview, and if so, what did it look
    > like?
    >
    > There's always Opera and Firefox, too...
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Yep got dialoge and preview showed the page with about 1/2" missing on the
    right - nothing I changed fixed it,
    SS, Nov 20, 2006
  14. SS

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:05:41 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on "SS" <>'s chest like a vulture, I said "Pluck
    It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you can throw it
    up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:

    >"Daave" <> wrote in message
    >> SS wrote:
    >> > "Daave" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes got the icon, tried it, still the same problem so still looking
    >> > for a solution, anyone?

    >> What happened when you clicked on the icon? Did you get a print dialog
    >> box? Were you able to get a print preview, and if so, what did it look
    >> like?
    >>
    >> There's always Opera and Firefox, too...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave
    >>

    >Yep got dialoge and preview showed the page with about 1/2" missing on the
    >right - nothing I changed fixed it,

    That sucks.
    I OTOH, managed to print out a page and it was perfect (except the
    text was so friggin' tiny I needed a magnifying glass to read it!)
    Frosty, Nov 20, 2006